U2 Songs of Innocence

Phil G

Apr 10, 2020, 1:09:06 PM4/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi. You may remember that U2s album, Songs of Innocence, was a free download from iTunes. I cannot get the album to download to the B2. It will download the album title, place it within the U2 section, but there are no tracks there. Have iTunes protected it in some way?

PMB

Apr 11, 2020, 3:09:19 AM4/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil G,

I assume you have downloaded the U2 album to iTunes on your computer. What format is the album i.e. AAC/ALAC, M4a, FLAC, or MP3?

How are you transferring the album to the B2 - USB stick, over th network, etc?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steve Peers

Apr 11, 2020, 8:55:24 AM4/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil (and Paul),
I don't know, but from looking at several Internet search hits for U2 "Songs Of Innocence" I think that DRM protection of the MP3 files is possible, if not probable (due to the way the product was initially foisted on "customers" as a free (of permission) download).

If so, the following links may be of some little help ...

iTunes: How to Check Which Songs Are DRM Protected
https://www.technipages.com/itunes-how-to-tell-which-songs-are-drm-protected

How to Remove DRM From Apple Music?
https://www.convert-apple-music.net/drm/how-to-remove-drm-protection-from-apple-music.html

Steve

Nick Knoll

Apr 11, 2020, 5:01:19 PM4/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil,

If the file is NOT copy protected, a work around would be to convert the songs to mp3 (or other format) from within iTunes and to then use the new files with your B2.

If the file IS COPY PROTECTED, a work around would be to make a playlist of the album/tracks, burn the playlist to a regular audio CD, and then import this new audio CD back into iTunes as mp3 or AAC files. These converted files should play in your B2.

Good Luck!
Nick