Transferred albums not playing

David Snead

Dec 22, 2021, 10:37:11 AM12/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Dear All,
I am quite new to the Brennan. I have had one for a year or so.
I have tried multiple times to upload my latest batch of cds, both by ripping and uploading directly from an Apple Mac directly and from a flash drive. The CD names are not picked up when ripping, which i do find quite a common problem, but this is not the main issue. In all cases when i select play whole album it plays OK from the start. Whenever i click the album to see the tracks in the right hand window i get a constant clicking and it does not play. I have to refresh safari to be able to stop it.

PMB

Dec 23, 2021, 4:06:32 AM12/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

You haven't said which Brennan you have but from your description I'm assuming its a B2.

For "the CD names are not picked up" - is your B2 connected to WiFi (displaying an IP Address similar to 192.168.1.127) and the internet (displaying the clock)?

If connected, try doing a Web Upgrade - Settings menu. Click (press briefly and release) the front control >> turn to Settings >> click >> turn to Web Upgrade >> click.

Importing music - the B2 will only play WAV, FLAC, MP3, M4A and ALAC files (these last two are Apple formats) so check what the music on the MAC has been saved in. Also the B2 expects the imported music to be arranged by Artist then Album then Tracks - see Organising your music page - link - on our website for more info.

The USB device (memory stick, HDD, SSD, etc) must be FAT32 formatted for the B2 to recognise it. The B2 does have a function for doing this.

For the web UI issue - check the WiFi signal level at the B2 - use the front control to go to Settings >> Maintenance >> WiFi Strength. The reading needs to be around -50dBm (-40dBm is a stronger signal and -60dBm a weaker one) for a reliable connection and web UI operation. Let us know what figure you get.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Richards

Dec 24, 2021, 4:54:07 PM12/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Don't forget when ripping that you can chose from the album selection if using the web interface, or if using the B2 display to turn the knob to see what other albums my be suggested. Sorry if I stating the obvious to you, but it might help complete beginners who see your post.
I can't help with the clicking. Have you tried another browser?

DR

PMB

Dec 27, 2021, 3:38:42 AM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Have you tried any of the suggestions and/or is this still a problem?

Paul
Brennan Support.