Output option via wired and Bluetooth speakers at the same time missing?

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 7:12:09 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
How Do All,

on my B2 I have just noticed that the option to select the output to play via the speakers, Bluetooth or both at the same time has been removed or is missing from the user interface both on mobile and PC web versions, and there is also no way to make this work via B2 controls either.

The reason this is a problem for me is that I have a B2 in my workshop with wired speakers and also a Bluetooth speaker outside on the patio, and I was able to have both working at the same time. now I have to keep switching between the Bluetooth speaker or wired speakers every time I go in or out of the workshop.

Can this option be replaced please? or can someone advise of how to make this work again.

Thank you in advance for your time and help,
Take care,
Barry.

JFBUK

Sep 19, 2021, 7:50:04 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Barry,

what version of the B2 software and which version of the WebUI are you using ?

The option still appears for me using the original webUI in a browser.

John

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 8:37:44 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
How Do John,
I am using the latest version, 13 July 2021, and also tried re updating it just in case.

I did notice that on the web UI when going in to the setting and then Bluetooth menu the option was there for a second and then was replaced by the output bar only allowing one or the other.
I went out of it and back in but the option never appeared that time.

The web UI I am using is the original version and this does not show the option, I tried changing to the new version and this does not show it and is also horrible to look at in comparison.

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 8:46:58 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
How Do Again,

I have found that the option is available on the new version of the web ui on my pc but not on the mobile version on my phone.
and on my pc in the original version the same thing happens as on my phone and the option to play through both wired and Bluetooth disappears in less than a second and is replaced by the Bluetooth option bar.

Its a bit of a pain if I am going to have to turn my pc on every time I want to have both playing at the same time.

Rob Harriman

Sep 19, 2021, 8:57:17 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,
The latest version of the B2 software is September 7th, not 12th July.  I suspect that you are running the B2 version rather than the B2B version.  You can see the version name via the web-ui or via the front panel using the remote 'info' option.  This later version provides up-to-date bluetooth support and as John says provides your missing option.  To swap to the B2B software you'll need to either flash upgrade your SD card as per the web site instructions or order a new SD card from Brennan, which will come with B2B pre-installed. Details are on the Brennan web site. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Rob

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 9:05:17 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

Thank you for that, I did not realise there was a new software to download.
I will make a copy of the B2B and install it.
Thank you again for your help,
Take care,
Barry

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 9:57:04 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Ok, so I flashed a new card with the B2B image from the techy stuff page using the etcher program, I installed it and turned on my B2 but not there is no net work and scanning wifi brings back nothing? I turned on and off again but the same thing.
Also the writing on the display does not appear clear as it did before. and Ideas what might of happened. My B2 is one of the older ones with the side slot and standard SD card

Barry B

Sep 19, 2021, 10:13:59 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
All fixed now thank you!
I re-flashed the card and all works fine now, and I can see the play wired and Bluetooth speakers together option in all versions of the UI.

the other problem was not the WIFI as I have an Ethernet cable installed, but that the network could not be found, so I guess that the first card I flashed with the B2B software was corrupted in some way.

Thank you again for your help, this is very much appreciated and now I can carry on with my life and have music inside and out :-)
Take care,
Barry

PMB

Sep 20, 2021, 3:22:32 AM9/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry B,

Glad to hear you have upgraded the software to the B2B version and all is working as it should now.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Barry B

Sep 20, 2021, 3:12:29 PM9/20/21
to Brennan Forum

Thank you Paul, I really should keep up to date with what's new and as it happens, but when I remember to check the website I seem to have missed so much and and a lot of non web updates I seem to miss out on.

All is good now though and the music plays on, and on, and on ;-)

PMB

Sep 21, 2021, 5:20:23 AM9/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Martin Brennan has released a new software - 20th Sept - which includes all of the recent B2B improvements/updates for those of you using the B2 version.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Barry B

Sep 21, 2021, 11:53:48 AM9/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
As I had already flashed my card with the B2B image the software version still comes up as 17th September after doing a web update. does that mean that that the B2 software update for 21st September is not needed in this case?
Thanks.
Take care,
Barry

Peter Lowham

Sep 21, 2021, 12:01:59 PM9/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

The software version dated '20th September 2021' is only for the B2 version and is not for the B2B version.  Effectively the B2 software has caught up with the B2B software.  Your B2B software of 17th September is completely up to date.

Regards,
Peter.

Barry B

Sep 21, 2021, 12:33:13 PM9/21/21