Planet Rock stopping their web streaming service?

Michael Strang

Feb 8, 2022, 3:26:25 AM2/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Anybody listen to Planet Rock on their Brennan?

They will be stopping the stream "shortly" as they are pointing folk to website, App, and "Premium".

Any ideas on what might need to be done to be able to play direct without having to play via Bluetooth?

Might there be a software fix in the offing?

Mike

Chris Jones

Feb 8, 2022, 4:54:10 AM2/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Its not just planet Rock, its all station on the Bauer network, which includes Scala,  Absolute Radio and Kiss (but we wont worry about that one lol), its a pain so I user the planet rock app and connect my phone to the b2 using Bluetooth.

PMB

Feb 8, 2022, 5:31:52 AM2/8/22
to Brennan Forum
HI All,

Not sure what the short term solution is but have alerted Martin B to this issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chris Jones

Feb 8, 2022, 6:24:07 AM2/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Just found this article, looks like the change is all about targeted advertising i.e. Money

Michael Strang

Feb 10, 2022, 2:45:29 AM2/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Ah well, looks like Bluetooth is going to be the only answer, unless the Brennan html pages can be updated to cope with login details etc. for those type of web players

Michael Strang

Apr 6, 2022, 12:27:12 PM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
So, a couple of months on, the warning about closing down the stream has gone, and it seems to be playing as normal.
All that's left to assume is that it will just "disappear" eventually, once they've updated their streaming services for devices that access them differently.
Either that or they've forgotten!

Robert MacLean

Apr 7, 2022, 4:18:01 AM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Martin pointed out to me that you can use the knob on the B2 and use "find station" to get it direct.  Some Bauer stations are still working but I suspect they might gradually diappear as well.

Michael Strang

Apr 25, 2022, 4:17:48 AM4/25/22
to Brennan Forum
It looks like that's them all stopped working now.