B2 not ripping / iTunes upload help.

Tinks Morl

Sep 30, 2019, 5:22:02 AM9/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I have a couple of problems with my B2 an was wondering if anyone can help?

When I first got my B2 I made a start and quite happily ripped about 300 CDs to it.

I then made the silly mistake of updating the software without taking a backup, guess what happened? Yup, all music gone.

When I was looking for advice about my mistake I found that it was possible to upload an iTunes library directly into the B2. This co-incided with me finding an old external hard drive which turned out to contain a copy of my old iTunes library, so thought I'd have a go.

I hooked up the hard drive to the B2, found the music tested it, it played fine. So I attempted to transfer the files. It appeared to work, the library swelled and I was happy.

Problem came when I tried to play the music after unhooking the hard drive.
The B2 says I have nearly 4000 tracks, but when I try to play the tracks it plays some but not others. It is not just that it has missed albums, it will find 5 tracks from a 10 track album.

This weekend after having not used the B2 for a bit I thought I would rip a few new CDs.
I put the CD in as usual, it unsuccessfully attempted to find the details but that is not the end of the world, when I pressed the button to start ripping the B2 seemed to start the process, but then ejected the disc.

I'm a little bit confused, I thought I had followed the instructions, but obviously not, anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Smorl

PMB

Oct 1, 2019, 4:24:50 AM10/1/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Smorl,

Your music was most probably still on the HDD but the B2 has lost track of it. Running Scan Disk rebuilds the B2's music index and gets everything back in sync - see if this corrects the issue first.

If not try running Clean Up (Maintenance menu) followed by Scan Disk - this will clear unwanted files from the HDD.

Also check that the scrolling text on the Home screen shows 'Source: Hard Disk'.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Tinks Morl

Oct 2, 2019, 5:01:26 PM10/2/19
to Brennan Forum
Ahhh, thanks Paul.

The Source was the SD card!

Wondered why it was saying that I had used 5.8gb out of 6.?GB
Now it is saying 1250 tracks from 100 albums 65 artists.

So somehow I have managed to upload my music to the SD card?!

How do I upload the music to the HDD rather than the SD card then?

Do I need to basically wipe the SD card and upload the new software again?

(Think it is a task for the weekend)

Tinks Morl

Oct 2, 2019, 5:33:58 PM10/2/19
to Brennan Forum
You got me, I tried.

Have plugged USB into slot C and tried to copy from USB to C.

Am getting an error message:
WARNING HDD READ ONLY!

PMB

Oct 3, 2019, 3:35:20 AM10/3/19