Any word on the app or Web UI gaining a track slider?

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 7, 2022, 10:59:26 AM3/7/22
to Brennan Forum

First world problem I know...

Anyone in the know have any thoughts on when the B2 App or Web UI might include a track position slider (fast forward / rewind)... a bit like (whisper it) i-tunes?

I'm enjoying rediscovering lots of long-lost CDs but would like the option to quickly advance through a track.

I have seen from some (quite old) on-line documents that the functionality is in the pipeline.

Dunc.

Peter Lowham

Mar 7, 2022, 12:20:40 PM3/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dunc,

My Brennan WebUI has a slider for track position, fast forward and fast rewind when I am using my main wired speakers.  If I switch to the wireless Sonos speakers then the fast forward/ fast rewind bar disappears.

Or am I mis-understanding your query?

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Mar 8, 2022, 5:20:07 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dunc.,

Try resizing the display on your computer - I zoom mine to 80% to see everything on the web UI.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 8, 2022, 7:35:04 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter... Yes that's exactly what I'm missing. But then I am running the Web UI on my phone. There is no track slider present. Just volume and the buttons to play, pause, skip to next track etc. Same on the app.

I'll check the Web UI on my laptop.

It would be nice to have it on my phone, since that is typically how I control my B2.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 8, 2022, 7:36:46 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul... I'll give that a go.

Should I be able to see a track slider if I use the Web UI (and app) on my phone? Or is that something that is lost when the UI is configured for a smaller screen?

Cheers

Dunc

Jeff. M.

Mar 8, 2022, 8:15:50 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Put your B2 ip address in your phones Web browser, and use desktop mode, the slider works perfectly,!
Screenshot_20210525_082353_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Jeff. M.

Mar 8, 2022, 8:17:15 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Screenshot_20220308_130820_com.android.chrome.jpg
Oops!

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 8, 2022, 9:26:34 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Jeff - Will give that a go.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 5:56:05 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Ok... So I had a play with the Web UI / App last night.

Firstly... on the laptop, the Web UI gives me everything I'm after. Easy browsing, cover art, track slider etc. But I'd rather not use my laptop.

My issue is around the Web UI / App when it is used on a phone.... which is how I typically control my B2.

I have seen that there are various "versions" of the Web UI that can be toggled.

options.jpg

The "NEW" option doesn't seem to work. The "NEW MOBILE" version, I feel, is better for browsing and seems more "app like"... but doesn't have the track slider.

new-mobile.jpg

The original (older?) version.. does have the track slider... but looks a bit basic.

original.jpg

The App I don't like quite so much for browsing... and it doesn't seem to have the track slider... though there is an obvious space for it.

app.jpg

My ideal would be the latest version of the Web UI with the addition of the track slider. Or if the App looked more like this.

I guess / hope the App will continue to develop. I think it's pretty good, but could be way better.

I'd love to be able to browse quickly by cover art.

And maybe have the App switch to show more / different info / features when in landscape orientation.

Re the track slider.... is there anything I'm missing?

Cheers

Dunc

PMB

Mar 10, 2022, 5:35:42 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dunc,

I understand the apps are due for an update which are being worked on at this time. Please check our home page - www.brennan.co.uk - or the Latest Software page for any updates.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 10, 2022, 9:30:40 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Great - Thanks Paul. I noticed that on another thread, so will update my B2 tonight in readiness for the new app. I look forward to seeing what's been done.

Cheers

Duncan