BB1 Backup problem

Alan Thomas

Apr 14, 2022, 5:36:43 PM4/14/22
to Brennan Forum
I've put a 256GB card into mine and have 200GB of music on it.
That exceeds my largest USB stick.
Has anyone found  a way to connect a disc to it as I'd like to make a backup?
Thanks

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2022, 6:41:39 PM4/14/22
to Brennan Forum
I do not have a BB1, but if you can connect a USB stick to it, then you can also connect a USB disk drive to it. A 256 GB, USB HDD or SSD should do.

Fred

Dennis

Apr 14, 2022, 7:15:15 PM4/14/22
to Brennan Forum
256GB USB drives are readily available. I have a few of these:

Just verify that the Seller is Amazon, rather than a third party, to avoid counterfeits.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2022, 7:21:06 PM4/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Be very wary of USB thumb/flash/stick drives as there are MANY fake drives being sold. Fake USB sticks are a very common issue on this forum,
It is for that reason I pointed you down the HDD/SSD rout.
Fred.

PMB

Apr 15, 2022, 3:25:14 AM4/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alanin...,

Just tried my Toshiba Canvio Basics USB3.0 1TB HDD plugged into the BB1 and it scans the disc and plays music from it OK. I would suspect that backing up may require more power and a powered USB hub between the BB1 and the HDD may be necessary (haven't tried it).

Paul
Brennan Support.