Spdif output

Todd Lefkowitz

Jan 29, 2022, 10:13:17 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All

Please help…I cannot get audio out from spdif port to use with an external dac.. I am able to get audio to dac via Bluetooth but prefer wired

Todd

Peter Lowham

Jan 29, 2022, 10:28:19 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Todd,

If you go into the WebUI,, go into 'Settings & Status' and check that ''Audio on HDMI' box is not ticked.  If this box is ticked, all other audio outputs are switched off.

I have attached a screenshot showing the option.

Regards,
Peter.
SS1_HDMI_Check.JPG

JFBUK

Jan 29, 2022, 10:31:14 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Todd,

is the same issue you posted about yesterday ?

Did you check that you don't have HDMI enabled ?
In the Web UI click on the cog. It should be a blank white square

Screenshot 2022-01-29 152755.jpg

What is your DAC ?

John

Daniel Taylor

Jan 29, 2022, 10:36:31 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
The fact that you said "wired" makes me wonder if you're trying to use a coax cable.  The SPDIF signal from the B2 must be connected with an optical Toslink cable (fiber optic).  It has a mini connector on the B2 side.  See the description and picture on this page about halfway down the page.

JFBUK

Jan 29, 2022, 10:48:30 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Todd just replied to me directly

Sprout 100 DAC

I have checked that hdmi audio is not ticked

Todd,

per Daniel's post can you confirm the cable you are using ?

It should look something like this.
If you look at the end indicated before plugging into your Sprout you should see a red light if the B2 is correctly configured
and the cable is not faulty.

John

Screenshot 2022-01-29 154350.jpg

Daniel Taylor

Feb 1, 2022, 7:01:41 AM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
I just discovered three messages from Todd in my private email:
I purchased a similar cable for the purpose…it fits the B2 perfectly
It looks just like that and I DO see the red light
Now I have SPDIF Audio out working consistently.  I just cycle between HDMI audio out and off a few time...works great now
Best and thanks
Todd

PMB

Feb 2, 2022, 4:10:13 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Todd,

Great news!

Sounds like toggling the 'Audio on HDMI (TV)' option on and off did the trick.

Paul
Brennan Support.