Tone control follow up.

Bill Padden

Apr 17, 2022, 3:18:04 PM4/17/22
to Brennan Forum
After borrowing  a DAC/amp with optical input I found my ears could hear a  great improvement, so went looking for a DAC. My requirements were an optical input, a remote with volume, bass, and treble controls, and a headphone jack. I settled on a Fosi DA-2120D. I could spend less, but would lose either the tone controls or the remote. I could spend more and gain more power, 4 speaker capability, or Karaoke equipment - not needed .The sound is now outstanding and boosting the treble allows me to hear the high notes once again! I would recommend some such solution for anyone whose ears are less than perfect and loves music.

I can't end without saying I spent many days perusing the forum's archives and the knowledge gained there gave me the courage to try the above. Any question one has probably has been asked already and answered by the many knowledgeable members. Knowing someone would help me out if I got stuck was a great confidence booster.
Also, - Thank you, Michael, for giving us this great piece of sound equipment!

Regards, Bill

Daniel Taylor

Apr 17, 2022, 4:13:47 PM4/17/22
to Brennan Forum
That's good to hear, Bill.  Glad it's working out so well for you.

PMB

Apr 18, 2022, 4:37:40 AM4/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the positive comments.

Yes we do have many knowledgeable and helpful contributors on the Forum. We are looking at ways to make the information presented here, easier to find.

Paul
Brennan Support.