Baffled by Random play

Chris Stanbury

Apr 28, 2018, 7:21:18 AM4/28/18
to Brennan Forum
Loving the simplicity of my new B2 but I can't get Random play to work the way I think it should.

What I'd like is for "Random" to play all the tracks on the HDD at random.  That's how I understood it should work.

I've gone to settings and made sure Random is On.  I've also tried setting this from the remote with the same results.

When I press Next (with nothing playing) I get an album start to play, the B2 then plays the whole album and stops.  It isn't always the same album but it always plays just the tracks from that one album in the order of the recording and no other tracks.

David Gardner

Apr 29, 2018, 9:16:26 PM4/29/18
to Brennan Forum
Could it be because you have classical mode switched on?
I don't use it much but I believe its characteristics are that random is automatically off (which makes sense for playing classical albums) and that it stops at the end of the album. I'm sure someone else will correct me if I've mis-remembered.
Classical mode is accessible under settings (can't be done via the Web UI).

Chris Stanbury

Apr 30, 2018, 5:24:27 AM4/30/18
to Brennan Forum
Thank you David, you're a genius.  That was exactly what the problem was.

I've turned off Classical Mode, turned on Random and now I'm enjoying tracks at random.