Music disappeared

David Prince

Feb 19, 2022, 9:01:36 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi can't find anything on this on the forum. Basically, I have been steadily loading my Cd's onto the B2 over a number of weeks, 15 or so at a time, scan disk, compress, save to USB drive. It's been find (mostly.....) but today instead of showing 12800 tracks it is saying there are only 75 on 3 albums, when I have loaded 901 albums. It's says they are all there on the USB drive though. When I load the UI on my mobile or my Mac the tracks and albums all show in the listings but won't play.

I have the latest software loaded.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

David

JFBUK

Feb 19, 2022, 9:07:24 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

check that you have not inadvertently changed to 'USE SD'

to change back, from the menu

>SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE> USE HDD

John

David Prince

Feb 19, 2022, 9:28:36 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John thanks. Repeating this reply as i cannot tell if the first one got posted! It is showing SD as the source (not sure how it got changed). I have tried what you suggest twice and it reboots but it is still showing SD as the source and only 3 albums?

David

David Prince

Feb 19, 2022, 9:31:37 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi just turned it off at the mains and restarted and it is now showing the HDD! Thanks John!

Daniel Taylor

Feb 19, 2022, 9:57:41 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,
We're glad you're back to normal.  But it appears that you still have three albums that got ripped to the SD card instead of the HDD.  To retrieve those you can follow the following steps:
1) Run the Use SD command.  (Sometimes this command has to be run more than once.)
2) Run the Export to C command to a FAT32 formatted USB disk with sufficient space.
At this point, you'll want to make sure that all the music from the SD card was transferred successfully to the USB disk.
If it was, you may choose to delete those albums from the B2 while Souce: SD Card is still true.  Or you can just leave them.
3) Run the Use HDD command.  (Sometimes this command has to be run more than once.)
4) Run the Import from C command.

Of course, since there are only three albums, you may just choose to rip them again to the HDD.