B2 track name display issues

Chris Quenelle

Dec 7, 2021, 2:36:07 PM12/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Rich text characters (8-bit) (like curvy single quotes) don't render correctly on the front panel display of the B2.  But the metadata is recorded correctly because the web interface shows the 8-bit characters.  Would it be possibly to run a simple filter to convert the most common 8-bit characters to the usual 7-bit conversions?  That would make the front panel display less goofy looking.

And no, I'm not going to fix them by hand, since the 8-bit characters seem to be used exclusively in the metadata the is loaded on device and downloaded.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 7, 2021, 2:44:33 PM12/7/21
to Brennan Forum
For the most part, the B2 does not use the metadata stored for each track file.  What you see on the display comes from the Artist folder name, the Album folder name, and the track name.  Those are pretty easy to edit in the WebUI.

Chris Quenelle

Dec 10, 2021, 10:38:09 AM12/10/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks for clarifying.  So it seems the directory name actually has the 8-bit characters in it.  So when reading the directory name and sending it to the front panel the string would need to be filtered right?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 10, 2021, 1:30:33 PM12/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Can you copy here what the name should be and what you are seeing displayed?

I'm not sure, but I think that some characters, when read from the CD database, if they are non-standard, they get replaced with something that the B2 code can handle.

PMB

Dec 13, 2021, 4:03:34 AM12/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris Q,

I have just tried renaming an Album to Album ABC {Live} and Track to 01 Track 1 {the other one} and both display as expected on the B2's display and web UI.

Paul
Brennan Support.