BB1 Youtubes

J Rathbone

Jan 5, 2022, 11:14:37 AM1/5/22
to Brennan Forum
First off, I don’t know how to create tabs for the Conversations index to help users spot threads of interest. Any tips?

Second, I understand youtube accepts video files in various formats which maybe explains why those I’ve tried to download from the web UI will play normally through the BB1 and will appear in the web UI History (lower centre) as if downloading but never get the “tick” to confirm they have downloaded (so they don’t appear in Videos from the BB1). Have I got this right? In which case is there any way of finding out the video file type via the YouTube app or the browser eg Safari if playing through a browser?

Third, many youtubes offer resolutions from, say, 240 to 1080. 1080 offers the best video but also the best sound quality. So what resolution does the BB1 select for best video and sound quality and is this use configurable?

Cheers
Jim

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2022, 4:10:37 PM1/5/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jim

1) Only the Forum owner (Paul from Brennan) can add tabs - limitation to the system - he does so when he looks at it each day.

2)  and 3) - I don't have a BB1 so beyond my ability to help - other on the Forum will pick up on this for you.

Fred

J Rathbone

Jan 5, 2022, 5:04:10 PM1/5/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for explaining the tabs, Fred. Didn’t want to overlook something I should be doing.
Cheers
Jim

PMB

Jan 6, 2022, 3:36:30 AM1/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jim,

As far as I know the BB1 will work with .mov and .mp4 files.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2022, 7:03:52 AM1/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

Can you provide any light regarding Jim's Third Question? I too would like to know :-))