Pleased with the B2 and one question on HDMI TV function

Jonathan Sucher

Mar 19, 2021, 6:07:57 PM3/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Had the B2 480 GB for a few weeks.  I have added about 750 cds and lots more files off UBS. I would say it recognized 80% or more of my store bought cds. Those that it did not recognize I put on via UBS fairly easily. I did not use an external CD burner.
The forum and instructions were very helpful but not for the completely technically challenged as it did take some effort and patience and research.

I also backed up to an external hard drive with minimal issues, again the format to Fat32 instructions were on point.

I am using the Game slot on my AVR with HDMI.

My question is in settings is there a way for a “permanent” check on the HDMI a on TV as it seems to reset.

I do have the Variable IP address but it is easy enough to work through.

Thanks for good advice.  I was prepared to drop $500 on a stand alone CD player and am pleased with this in large part thanks to the advice provided here.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 19, 2021, 8:40:05 PM3/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I use the same HDMI connection method to my AVR.  I've not had a problem with the Audio on HDMI (TV) checkbox staying checked.

Two things to check:
Whenever you're ready to turn off the power, first press and hold the STOP button until the word SAVING appears on the display, then wait til the clock comes back, then it's safe to turn off power.  If the B2 has seen your checkbox from the WebUI, it should save it then.

But if the B2 doesn't see the checkbox, it won't save it.  So check your WiFi signal strength using Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.  (I got that from the Brennan website on the Menu page.)
Your signal strength should be better than -50 (-40 being better, -60 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
You can buy a new WiFi dongle that has an antenna.  Look for one that has the RT5370 chipset.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router (and remove the WiFi dongle).

If none of that helps, then we've got a head-scratcher here.

Graham Smout

Mar 20, 2021, 3:33:56 AM3/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Just a qucick note :   It's perfectly OK to leave the B2 powered permanently on and in standby mode . It will use mnimal power in standby and is better for the device in the long run as components will not be subject to the sudden current surge each time it is powered on. You can also set the display to turn off when it has been in standby mode so the display will not burn out.

Jonathan Sucher

Mar 20, 2021, 7:53:05 AM3/20/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks for the suggestions, will give it a try!