Blue tooth connection good but no sound.

Hugh Norris

Jan 14, 2022, 6:42:17 AM1/14/22
to Brennan Forum
New user of the B2 since Christmas so have learned some of the quirks through the forum. Most helpful.

I have through bluetooth managed to attach my headphones. a Bose speaker, an Ensinkin BT adaptor and a Hi_Fi with built in blue tooth. Although the tick boxes show blue conected, only the headphones play, and they play in any room as I move around so connection is good. Do you think the other BT devices are just incompatible or have I missed something?

JFBUK

Jan 14, 2022, 11:07:15 AM1/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

can you confirm which version of the software you are using ?

The B2B version offers better Bluetooth connectivity so that might help if that's not what you have installed.

If that still does not get you fully connected then a number of users have used a separate Bluetooth transmitter connected to the B2 with success.

John

Dennis

Jan 14, 2022, 4:34:47 PM1/14/22
to Brennan Forum
To be clear, are you trying to play through more than one Bluetooth device simultaneously? Ticking the box next to another device ends the current connection.

Hugh Norris

Jan 15, 2022, 8:33:27 AM1/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John

Software Version B2B Oct 22 2021 12:29:15

Hugh

Hugh Norris

Jan 15, 2022, 8:41:30 AM1/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes I am.
Does you question mean that it can't?
I would like to BT to to devices (stereo systems) in different rooms. The BT is not strong enough over the distance required but if I position it in a central room it registers.

I bought the Brennan as a replacement for the now obsolete Logitec Squeeze box which was a superb system working through the Wi-Fi.
I did mislead myself with the advertising of music in every room not realising it was Sonos linked so I have a system now which is very basic in its use.

Dennis

Jan 15, 2022, 9:32:12 AM1/15/22
to Brennan Forum
To begin I would test each Bluetooth connection separately, tick one box at a time and see if the speakers play as expected. Once you verify that everything works by itself you can try connecting to two sets of speakers simultaneously.

PMB

Jan 17, 2022, 4:06:09 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi hwrn...,

A separate 'high power' Bluetooth transmitter may be the solution. Have a look online for 'high power/long range' Bluetooth transmitter - Avantree, Blitzwolf, etc. Your devices would then connect to the transmitter, rather than the B2.

Some owners have found fitting the Bluetooth dongle onto a USB extension cable (1m max) and repositioning it for better range, works for them. Power the B2 off before doing this.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Message has been deleted

Rik

Jan 18, 2022, 10:13:02 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
As far as I’m aware Bluetooth speakers  will always only connect  and play with one device at a time.

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 2:54:29 PM UTC hwrn...@btinternet.com wrote:
Thanks for the input.

To summarise in a different way.
The B2B detects all of the BT devices where they are located.
The B2B will play to each of the devices in situ.
The B2B will not play to more than one device and then only if I delete all the other BT connections. Sometimes this needs a power on reset.
I have tried putting all the devices within 1 metre of the B2B and the above still holds true.

My conclusion then is that the B2B is not capable of playing to multiple devices simultaneously and will only play to one BT device if that is the only one paired with the B2B and no others are logged.

This does allow me to have music in the family room / kitchen via the loudspeaker / line out connection and in my study next door via BT. But connecting to the lounge Hi-Fi is not possible without deleting all BT pairs and resetting the B2B.

I did report to Brennan shortly after purchase that I felt misled over playing to multiple rooms as it appears, I believe, this is a Sonos feature and not a B2B feature.

Thanks for everyone's input on this forum where I have found resolution to some other issues ie backup, lost files.

Thank you

JFBUK

Jan 18, 2022, 10:21:32 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
I believe Bluetooth 5.0 introduced the ability to connect to two audio playback devices concurrently.
The B2 is currently not Bluetooth 5.0 capable.
There are some phone apps in the market that purport to have a way round the limitation.
AmpMe is one and there are others proprietary to certain device manufacturers.

John

Mike W

Jan 18, 2022, 10:27:47 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Could you identify where you believe you were misled, the only instance that I can find on the Brennan website where playing to multiple
is:

Features
. Play through up to 32 Sonos loudspeakers. Different music in different rooms.

There is no mention of Bluetooth out having this capability

Mike

[...]

Dennis

Jan 18, 2022, 12:26:46 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
A separate 'high power' Bluetooth transmitter may be the solution. Have a look online for 'high power/long range' Bluetooth transmitter - Avantree, Blitzwolf, etc. Your devices would then connect to the transmitter, rather than the B2

If these connect to the Line Out/Optical port, could someone use the built-in Bluetooth  capability to connect to one device -and- an external Bluetooth transmitter to connect to another device simultaneously?

Mike W

Jan 18, 2022, 1:05:48 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum