optical output to echo studio

stephen preston

Dec 6, 2020, 12:06:29 PM12/6/20
to Brennan Forum
When I connect my b2 to the echo studio via optical the sound is very distorted is there a way round this. Thanks

Dennis

Dec 6, 2020, 5:19:00 PM12/6/20
to Brennan Forum
The B2 has a combination Analog / Optical port, and it sounds as if the Echo Studio also has a combination Analog / Optical port. The cable should determine which type of connection is established. Distortion suggests you have made an Analog link. What type of cable are you using? (A link to the details would be helpful.)

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2020, 6:25:31 PM12/6/20
to Brennan Forum
Aslo when using optical out from the Brennan, the graphic equalizer still works (on the Brennan), you must make sure that (on the Brennan) this is turned off as the affect is not nice.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 6, 2020, 7:28:40 PM12/6/20
to Brennan Forum
Good call.  We're glad to have you around, Fred.

stephen preston

Dec 7, 2020, 4:05:33 AM12/7/20
to Brennan Forum

Optical cable.It works fine with analogue cable

stephen preston

Dec 7, 2020, 12:02:58 PM12/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the info .How do I turn off the equalizer
Thanks

Davywhizz

Dec 7, 2020, 12:47:39 PM12/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Open the graphic equaliser by clicking on the two musical notes symbol on the web UI - on the left of the control bar just under the track timer. If "enabled" is checked on the graphic equaliser page you can uncheck it to turn it off.

PS there is nothing wrong with the B2 graphic equaliser, but it can cause distortion further down the signal path if levels are set too high.