Scrolling info on-screen

Ian Barber

Oct 23, 2021, 3:58:39 PM10/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

When the lookup for the cd data scrolls along, you get both the artist and album in easy to read size of lettering. However, after compressing etc is complete and it is all set to random, only the track name scrolls across the screen in easy to read large lettering, with the artist and the album in small lettering scrolling down which is impossible to read without going closer to the B2 . So, is there some way of getting it to scroll across the screen, showing both the artist and the track in the large lettering which is easy to read at a distance, please ? Cheers  Ian

JFBUK

Oct 24, 2021, 7:26:21 AM10/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

I'm not sure that this will be of any help to you  but you can set up your track names to include the artist name.
You will need to rip your CD on another computer and then upload the ripped tracks to your B2.
One of the reasons I do this is because I have a large number of compilation CDs and wanted the artist name to be visible on the display rather than just 'Various Artists'.
I use dbPoweramp or EAC to rip on my PC and use the software file naming functionality to give my tracks names based on the tag values of the track.
e.g.

06 Because The Night [ Bruce Springsteen ].flac
16 Tumbling Dice [ The Rolling Stones ].flac

John

Peter Lowham

Oct 24, 2021, 7:53:13 AM10/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

I use a process very similar to John's for compilation albums, using dBpoweramp on my PC to read the tag data to assemble the 'Track # - Track name - Artist name' format.  It is very quick once you have figured out the settings for dBpoweramp.  There is an instruction set posted on the forum detailing how to set it up.

However I use a NAS connection from the PC to the B2 which meaans that dBpoweramp can do the changes directly on the B2's music folder content.  When dBpoweramp has completed, I run 'Scan Disk' and that's the job done.

Then I can see the track and artist data scrolling across the main screen.

Regards,
Peter.

Ian Barber

Oct 25, 2021, 2:51:39 AM10/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. Looks to be rather time consuming, so will stick with the standard on board ripper for the time being. I did try a couple of small pairs of binos that we use for bird-watching, but they would not focus close enough !!
Nevermind, getting up and reading the screen from closer- in will have to do for now, and it will keep us both mobile for a while longer.
Cheers

Ian

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2021, 5:04:55 AM10/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian

Sorry if I am asking the obvious, but to communicate here on the forum you must be using a computer and while a desktop or laptop is, i agree, a bit too clunky to use as the Brennan interface,
If you have a tablet or a modern phone, then either of these can be used to control the B2 and see what it is playing from the comfort of you armchair. Using one or other of these one never needs to leave the comfort of the chair again.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 10:42:20 AM10/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Following came to my personal Email.

Hi Fred,

Ok, no problem . I have an iMac( desktop ), so not moveable from the office to the lounge, and it already has over 15,000 tracks on it on iTunes( now called 'Music' by Apple ), which I already transfer to a Macbook Pro which I use for dj'ing purposes only using Pioneer Rekordbox.

Cheers

Ian

and

Hi Fred,

Any recommendations for a tablet to control the Brennan, please ?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

if possible please reply to items from the Forum using the Forum (from within the Thread where you asked your question). This is so others can see the conversation and so that they can jump in to help or find an "historic" solution.

Ta,

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 10:45:42 AM10/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

You can use an Android or Mac mobile phone or and Android or Mac tablet.
I myself use and Amazon Fire Tablet (basically Android) as these seem to offer the best value for money - all you need for the interface is a web browser.

Fred