b2: 100% replacement of JB7?

Mark FERGUSON

Nov 4, 2021, 5:27:01 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Morning all. I'm currently running a pre-2010 JB7 with a pair of Brennan speakers and a Sonos Connect Amp feeding 3 Sonos speakers: a One, a Five (both S1) and a Move which is S2. The JB7 is getting weary and a full overhaul with various parts being replaced is expensive so, for a few dollars more, au upgrade to a b2 seems sensible but there are questions. Does the b2 work with both generations of Sonos speakers? Do I even need the Connect Amp with a b2? My music is backed up on an external hard drive which also contains films, images, text documents etc. Can I download only the music into a b2? Thanks for all firm answers. Mark F.

PMB

Nov 5, 2021, 4:24:50 AM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark

Concerning the B2 and Sonos, it will work with both S1 and S2 but any reason not to use it with the Connect Amp, as that system is already working? The B2 has a Line Out (variable level) or an optical (digital) out (fixed level) - may require an external DAC if the Connect doesn't have an optical in - which can be used to feed the Connect Amp.

As far as I know the B2 will attempt to import all files on the external drive but you can use the USB menu, via the web UI, to download selected files. If the HDD has a 'hardfi' folder i.e. a JB7 backup, then select that to download.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mark FERGUSON

Nov 7, 2021, 4:55:07 AM11/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Morning Paul

Excellent news. Thank you very much for your clear answers which have erased my doubts. As a result I have proceeded to check out and ordered a b2.

Thanks again.

Mark Ferguson