Why?

David Kemp

Oct 27, 2020, 4:21:50 PM10/27/20
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone tell me why the clock has to have seconds on the display and why does the web ui have to have a useless scrolling bar of tracks unplayed scrolling by?
As a newbie I have to say a fair degree of computer know-how is required which is OK by me but might put a lot of people off.
Overall I'm happy with my expensive purchase and slowly getting used to its various quirks.

David

Rik

Oct 27, 2020, 4:37:48 PM10/27/20
to Brennan Forum

I have  very little computer know-how and I have never found anything difficult. I've even managed NAS. I don’t think anyone should be put off the B2. I love mine.

My bedside alarm flashes the seconds and I find that irritating but had honestly would not have been able to say that the seconds are marked on the B2. I also don’t understand about scrolling tracks. I don’t see this.

PMB

Oct 28, 2020, 4:25:34 AM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

"a useless scrolling bar of tracks unplayed scrolling by" are you referring to the graphic representation of signal level?

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Richards

Oct 28, 2020, 8:50:28 AM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
I for one like to see the seconds on the display. As for the scrolling, unplayed tracks I don't see this. Are you using one of the alternative displays?

DR.

David Kemp

Oct 28, 2020, 9:12:35 AM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
The scrolling is top left of the web ui under the last album played and Source - hard disk paused. When I play the 'signal level' appears and when I stop playing the scrolling continues without any 'signal level'

Brian R

Oct 28, 2020, 12:30:44 PM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
If you don't like to see the graph increase the zoom level of your browser, it disappears on most browsers at zoom levels above about 80%.
Also try reducing the brightness of the screen on standby it may make the display of seconds less irritating to you.
The B2 does contain a computer so you do have to be prepared to learn a little if you have no PC knowledge and want to do more than plug and play.  I've had mine for 5 years and have been more than delighted with the ever expanding facilities it offers, I don't use all of them myself but others do.

Brian

PMB

Oct 29, 2020, 5:27:07 AM10/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David K,

What device are you viewing the web UI on?

I only see the level graph when I zoom out to the extent I can no longer read the text.

Paul
Brennan Support.