Pair with Dayton Audio HTA100BT

Mark MacAllister

May 26, 2021, 6:52:44 AM5/26/21
to Brennan Forum

Back a couple of months ago I purchased a Dayton Audio HTA100BT:

It works great with my turntable and vinyl. Now I would like to add my CD collection to the mix, and was thinking that a Brennan B2 would be a nice addition to the system. I'm thinking of utilizing an optical connection. Has anyone done this already with the HTA100BT and, if so, what was your experience?

Also, I am curious what cable might be recommended for this setup.

Thanks for the assist!

Daniel Taylor

May 26, 2021, 7:26:26 AM5/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Since the HTA100BT has an optical input, you can use a fiber optic cable to connect the B2 to the amp.  The cable must have a normal Toslink optical connector on the amp end, and a mini-Toslink connector on the B2 end.  You can buy such a cable from Brennan on their Shop page, about half-way down - it's called SPDIF Cable.  I suspect that you'd be very happy with the sound using this configuration, as the digital connection seems to yield the best sound.