Artwork - won't drop

harlond57

Jul 31, 2020, 7:55:52 AM7/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Sometimes the Brennan gets the right artwork and sometimes nothing.  No problem, if Amazon or MusicBrainz can't find it, I can find it on the web.  But sometimes I find it, drag it to the no-camera icon, and it won't drop.  Anybody know how I can get it to drop?  Thanks.

David Richards

Jul 31, 2020, 8:50:12 AM7/31/20
to Brennan Forum
I have found that it sometimes takes several seconds for the artwork to fill in (particularly with ones I have scanned myself). I tend to scan at a high resolution so the the scan is useful at most scales (so the artwork file is relatively large). Try waiting for a longer time and see if it does eventually drop.

DR.

harlond57

Aug 2, 2020, 9:42:18 AM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Patience seems like an unusual approach to a computer problem.  I always did better banging and cursing the thing.  But I tried it anyway, waiting as much as two minutes.  Sadly, no success.

David Richards

Aug 2, 2020, 11:08:21 AM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
I was thinking of the order of ten seconds so well done waiting two minutes. Can you try dropping artwork from your own computer to see if it's a problem getting the artwork from the provider or a problem writing. Beyond that I'm afraid I can't help any further.

DR.

Brian R

Aug 2, 2020, 11:47:50 AM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

Try loading the artwork to your desktop and then drag and drop to the Camera icon from there

Brian

harlond57

Aug 2, 2020, 12:07:45 PM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
I tried dropping it from my Finder Photo file.  That didn't work.  Then I tried dropping it from my desktop.  Also didn't work.  But then I dropped dropping it directly from Safari Google Images.  That worked.  No idea why.  Anyway, thanks to everyone for helping me work through this and get to a solution that satisfies my little OCD.

Norm Glennard

Aug 2, 2020, 12:48:06 PM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
The fail safe way is to upload rather than drag and drop.  Click in artwork, then File Upload in Right Hand panel, navigate to the file wherever it is then Send To Brennan.
Always works when drag and drop fails.

Norm

Daniel Taylor

Aug 2, 2020, 1:29:02 PM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
This might be related to the problem that some artwork doesn't display on the WebUI, even though it is known to be in the proper album folder.  If I recall correctly, it had something to do with a slightly off JPG format.  Or possibly file size.  To me, a filesize that's larger than really needed just takes up disk space, and quite probably processing time to scale it down for display.  It's sort of like when a friend sends family pictures to me in an e-mail, where I can tell that the size of the file would require 14 of my monitors to display in its native resolution.  What's the point?

harlond57

Aug 2, 2020, 3:09:01 PM8/2/20
to Brennan Forum
That worked, thanks.