B2 remote not working

Alastair Martin

May 14, 2021, 3:40:37 PM5/14/21
to Brennan Forum
On my other Brennan, the remote hasn't worked for a while.  Changed battery of course.  No action whatsoever.  Nothing in the way, no peanut butter smears over transmitter or receiver.

Any ideas?  Can't see anything in the forum about this.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 14, 2021, 10:31:46 PM5/14/21
to Brennan Forum
It does sound like a battery issue.
1) is the battery the correct way round (those silver disks can be very pesky)
2) have you checked that the battery is ok (with a meter) - many is the time I have found the "new" battery to be a dud.
3) other than that, I do not think any parts in the control are user mendable BUT here you can purchase a replacement

a.JPG
What puzzles me is why you are using the remote  and not the Web UI?

Fred

Alastair Martin

May 15, 2021, 2:18:48 AM5/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Fair question.  Answers might reveal my ignorance.  But here goes:
1. B2 won't compress while a device has the web UI open
2. Web UI plus imperfect wifi connection equals more crashes
3. Sometimes I just don't want to unlock a device to do some simple task (like pausing because the phone rang!)

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 15, 2021, 5:46:26 AM5/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alistair

All good valid reasons.
but for me
(1) my compression was a one off procedure - now over, i don't often get new CDs
(2) seems that way I agree, but I need my B2 connected to internet anyway to get YouTube, Radio, connect to my Sonos and run the music NAS. To ensure maximum stability I connect my B2 via Ethernet cable.
(3) There you DO have a universal common reason :-))

did checking the battery life and or orientation help at all? I have had to change the handset battery once (recently) since 2016 (but as you can gather it is not used much)

Fred

PMB

May 17, 2021, 3:02:33 AM5/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alastair,

It sounds like you have two B2s so should have two remotes. Does the suspect B2 respond to either remote? Does the green LED on the B2 flash when you press any button on the remote? Do the front controls all respond as expected?

A simple voltage reading is not really enough to determine the state of a battery as the voltage will drop on load.

Paul
Brennan Support

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 17, 2021, 8:59:35 AM5/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Yea

A B2 remote should work with any B2, they are not "tuned" to a specific B2.

Fred

PMB

May 18, 2021, 7:58:20 AM5/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Alastair sent an email to say that he found the good remote worked with both B2s and he has ordered a new one from our shop.

Paul
Brennan Support.