Can't Connect to WiFi

Wendy Ransom

Oct 6, 2021, 11:36:53 AM10/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

I have tried several times on two different WIFI networks (home and office) and cannot get properly connected.

The IP address shows as 10.0.0.1 and has several red arched bars next to the address.
It is detecting the network just fine.  I put in the network password and I get a white box that says success.

In the top left corner of the display it says "Wifi Password: thebrennan" .  I tried that as the network password as well and still get the 10.0.0.1 IP address.  I understand that to be somewhat of a generic IP address.

The device plays the internal music and stations that were loaded but I can't connect to get to the UI and select my own music.

Please help

Thanks
Wendy

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 12:10:24 PM10/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Please can you tell us - are your talking about a B2 Brennan or a BB1 Brennan?

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 12:16:12 PM10/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I am not a BB1 user but it would seem you have a BB1 - the trouble is that you are trying to connect it to the internet with the "Hotspot ON". Turn this off and try again.
a.jpg
By selecting "Setup Wifi" afterwards.

PMB

Oct 7, 2021, 3:42:10 AM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Wendy,

If the BB1 is showing the IP Address as 10.0.0.1 then Hotspot is on, as Fred suggests. Use the top control to go to Settings >> Hot spot off - toggle the setting a couple of times to make sure it is off.Then go to Settings >> Setup WiFi.

The passcode will be the one you use to connect your other devices to WiFi - 'thebrennan' is only for the Hotspot.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Wendy Ransom

Oct 7, 2021, 5:53:52 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hotspot is off. I checked. I also rebooted my router at home. I don't have the ability to access it at work to reboot the work system.
My device is a BB1

thanks

Daniel Taylor

Oct 7, 2021, 7:04:57 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Just in case, I feel that I should mention this:  When you view the menu item, when it says "Hotspot Off", that is what will happen if you select that item.  It is not a report of the current state.

But maybe you knew that.  It's just that it's been a source of confusion.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 8:27:49 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes Wendy,

The hotspot command is a "toggle", it is NOT indicating the current state but rather the state that will happen if you select the command. Thus, when the h
otspot is On it will say "Hotspot Off" when the Hotspot is Off it will say "Hotspot On".

Fred.

PMB

Oct 8, 2021, 4:38:44 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Wendy,

As the guys are saying - Hotspot Off - means the action will turn Hotspot off. Also the WiFi symbol on the Home screen (the one showing the clock) will be white when Hotspot is off.

Now use the top control to go Settings & Tools >> Maintenance >> Advanced >> Reset WiFi - and reboot.

Then run Setup WiFi again.

Does this help?

Paul
Brennan Support.