Amazon Echo

coli...@hotmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 12:41:31 PM4/3/18
to Brennan Forum
I love my B2 but would ideally like to have an Amazon Echo acting as a Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen.  I'm not bothered about driving the Brennan using voice commands - I simply want a speaker.  Anyone done this, or have any advice?

rita....@btopenworld.com

Apr 3, 2018, 2:19:58 PM4/3/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi. I’m about to do this tomorrow. Any suggestion welcomed.

coli...@hotmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 3:54:30 AM4/4/18
to Brennan Forum
I'd be grateful if you could post how it goes - thanks

Brennan Support

Apr 5, 2018, 4:05:29 AM4/5/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Colin

Martin here - let us know - I'm not even sure you can use echo as a Bluetooth speaker - does your phone see it?

Martin

James Wyatt

Apr 10, 2018, 2:02:23 AM4/10/18
to Brennan Forum
After a quick search online, I learned there is a Bluetooth transmitter that you can plug into your 3.5 mm Line Out port.

Get your Amazon Echo to connect with it. DONE!

Edwyn Corteen

Apr 10, 2018, 10:50:14 AM4/10/18
to Brennan Forum
?? What is the problem here? Use the menu system on B2 to scan bluetooth, select the Echo when found, press play on Brennan, music now heard from Echo Speaker! Works fine on my Echo Dot anyway! Rubbish quality but should work better on the more expensive versions.

James Wyatt

Apr 10, 2018, 2:04:46 PM4/10/18
to Brennan Forum
The Bluetooth is normally used in the other direction.
Use the Echo to play Pandora, Spotify, etc.. from the B2 speakers.

coli...@hotmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 12:56:01 PM4/21/18
to Brennan Forum
I want to play music from my B2 using my Echo which is situated in the kitchen (about 10m away, but with a wall in between)

It all works fine when the Echo is in the same room, but as soon as I move it to the kitchen, it won't connect. Has anyone got any experience of Bluetooth boosters, as that seems to be my only option

Thanks

bryansi...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 1:41:50 PM4/21/18
to Brennan Forum
I put the Blue tooth output dongle on the end of a long USB lead strung up in the air and that worked ok, good luck