Using a Portable SSD for back up

Mark Bernstein

Oct 19, 2021, 12:15:28 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Are there any known issues with using a portable external SSD instead of the typical external hard drive. I’ve had no issues formatting regular external HDs but wondered about the external SSDs.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

Mark

Peter Lowham

Oct 19, 2021, 12:32:25 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark,

There are no known issues with using SSDs either as internal or external units on the B2.  I have used SSDs in both situations and have had no problems with either.  Just be careful to buy the SSD from a reputable seller and don't be tempted by seemingly cheap units as these will almost certainly be fake and will give you a lot of problems when you try to use it.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 12:50:22 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Seconded with that good advice!

PMB

Oct 20, 2021, 4:50:41 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I see Kingston are offering 500GB, 1TB and 2TB external SSDs - link - on their UK site.

Unfortunately there appears to be many cheap offerings for external SSDs e.g. £24 for 1TB and £28 for 2TB.....

Paul
Brennan Support.