B2 Almost There

nicbw...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2020, 8:09:13 AM8/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I have owned my B2 for a few months and with perseverance and an amount of time reading the forum I am almost set up. I have uploaded my CD's and my B2 is now the music library / server for my Sonos speakers.
I have however completely failed to connect to my B2 using my Macbook Air (O/S Catalina 10.15.5). My B2 is regularly updated.
When I look at my network via finder on my Mac I can see the B2 when I try to connect to it I am informed the the connection failed. Does anyone have any idea what i am missing / doing wrong?

Peter Lowham

Aug 4, 2020, 12:13:26 PM8/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi there,

Below is an extract of a post of another user who was having problems connecting his B2 to his Mac.

Hi,

I've been following this thread as I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS Catalina, 64 bit, losing access to all my 32 bit software and, coincidentally, to the Brennan B2.

What Peter says in his message of 31 March definitely worked for me:

Finder
Go
Connect to Server
Enter SMB://IP of B2
Add this as a favourite server once it works

I had to try twice - it doesn't always connect the first time.  Use the usual Brennan B2 name/password when challenged.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

If you try this and see how it goes and let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Peter.

nicbw...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2020, 12:44:15 PM8/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

Fantastic, all sorted.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Nic.

Peter Lowham

Aug 4, 2020, 1:05:33 PM8/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nic,

Great to know that you are up and running.

Regards,
Peter.