B2 Back-up

Rich Beckman

May 26, 2022, 9:22:43 AM5/26/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm trying to back-up the tracks on my B2. When I inset a USB 2.0 2TB Thumb Drive into the USB C slot, it says it can't read it and expects FAT format. I formatted the Thumb Drive in my MAcBook Pro to exFAT. I guess that is not right. Suggestions? Thanks.

Peter Lowham

May 26, 2022, 11:05:58 AM5/26/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rich,

This forum is no longer in active use.  The new forum is located at https://www.thebrennanforum.com/

If you create a new topic on the new forum we can give further advice.

The B2 can format the stick.  Go to 'Settings' -> ''Maintenance' -> 'Format USB C'

The exFAT format won't work on the B2.  It MUST be FAT32.

The other thing to look out for is cheap fake USB sticks, especially 2TB versions.  Using these will lose you data.  So, be careful!

Peter.