'Get Recordings' problem

michael....@btinternet.com

Aug 10, 2020, 6:30:48 AM8/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Having recorded some LPs in a way I've done many times before [following all instructions] I have recently received a 'FAILED' note when pressing 'Get Recordings' to move them to the HDD - is this a problem with the SD?   Or is there some new hint?  All helpful comments welcomed!  Thank you....

PMB

Aug 11, 2020, 3:56:03 AM8/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Check the 'Stats' - press INFO on the remote - to see how much disk space your B2 has free.

Run Scan Disk and then try Get Recordings again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

michael....@btinternet.com

Aug 14, 2020, 5:31:23 AM8/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for reply Paul.   I have done as you suggested - there is masses of HD  available.

Tried to record again and still immediately get 'Failed' when pressing 'Get Recordings' - any other ideas please - it has never been a problem before and I must have copied about 200 LPs!!

Fingers crossed

Michael

Daniel Taylor

Aug 14, 2020, 8:08:57 AM8/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Disclaimer:  I have never used the B2's analog recording function.

I understand that there is a limited amount of space available on the SD card where the initial recordings are stored.  When the recording is copied to the HDD, what happens to the original recording on the SD card?  If they are not automatically deleted, eventually the available space will be used up.  When the space is gone, is there a warning issued when a new attempt to record is made?  Or do you just get a Failed message when you try to transfer a non-existent (or partial) recording to the HDD?

One way to find out how much space is available on the SD card would be to run the Use SD command (Maintenance menu), then after the reboot, check the stats.

michael....@btinternet.com

Aug 14, 2020, 4:16:40 PM8/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Ah Daniel [and Paul] I tried to do what Daniel suggested [Get SD from Maintenance menu] - and get FAILED message from that - so that must suggest a fault with SD - - have had at least one new one - why do they have errors?   Please suggest what I need to replace it - and if there is anything on it that is vital if I just take it out??!!

Daniel Taylor

Aug 14, 2020, 4:49:35 PM8/14/20
to Brennan Forum
The SD card is vital.  It contains the operating system software for the unit.

You can build up the software from scratch following instructions on the Brennan website.  It's not really very difficult.  I did it just this afternoon, as it's been a long time since I updated.  I keep a spare SD card, so that if anything causes the one I'm using to become corrupted, all I have to do is swap them out.

Here are some notes I have to myself:
    Download the Etcher program.
    Run Etcher.  It is simple and straight forward.
    Select whatever the most recent SD zip file that's been downloaded.
            On Aug.14,2020, I downloaded B2BNov2019.zip  This has new Bluetooth capability (B2B) and is upgradeable.
    Click on Flash
        It takes a few minutes and progress is displayed.
    At this point, you may have to setup WiFi again.  In my case, the B2 already knew my password and it was quick.
                After booting, the WebUI reported version B2B Mar 17 2020.
                That could be mislabeled, because B2B wasn't available until April 17.
    Now you're ready to do either a Web Upgrade or a SW Upgrade (from USB)
    Copy the b2.tar.gz (which has the version of choice) to a USB stick, and plug it into USB C.

PMB

Aug 15, 2020, 6:15:33 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

It does sound like it maybe a faulty SD Card.

If you replace the card it will need to be programmed as Daniel says.

Paul
Brennan Support.