B2, Sonos 'access denied' using Mac devices

David Blowers

Oct 1, 2020, 2:22:21 PM10/1/20
to Brennan Forum
I see several posts on the forum for this issue, and have made some progress with some of the replies.

I have a brand new B2 and Sonos One SL. Both are working fine independently using a BT Homehub Wifi network.

I can see the B2 'music' folder on my iMac (logged on as 'root') and can even play the content from it... thanks to this forum :-)

It all falls apart when I try to add the B2 to the music library using the Sonos application on my devices i.e. access denied. It's the same error message on iMac, iPhone and iPad. Once, just briefly, I may have got past this stage on the iMac... i.e. it looked like it was adding the library. However, I gave up since it was taking forever and there is not much on the B2 yet.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 19.37.41.png

Daniel Taylor

Oct 1, 2020, 4:05:20 PM10/1/20
to Brennan Forum
The first time a computer attaches to the B2 it does take a very long time.  Mine does that every time I've had either the computer or B2 powered up after being off.

I'm not saying that's your problem.  But if it looks like it might be going to attach finally, give it a good long time.  The more albums you have on your B2's hard disk, the longer it will take.

David Blowers

Oct 1, 2020, 4:37:21 PM10/1/20
to Brennan Forum
Daniel Taylor - Yes, I've noted that it can take ages. The iMac takes a while to build the file structure of the 'music' folder and I read that Sonos library building takes ages too. When I get beyond the login stage again I'll leave it for ages!

PMB

Oct 2, 2020, 4:36:38 AM10/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

If the MAC is seeing the B2 as a 'root' device I think you must have DLNA turned on - you can check this by pressing the INFO button repeatedly - 1st press shows track info, 2nd press software version and 3rd press NAS and DLNA status.

If DLNA is on turn it off - Maintenance menu.

I've emailed you the instructions that Peter Lowham posted for NAS mode working with a MAC. Please follow these and let us know how it goes, then we can tackle the Sonos issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Blowers

Oct 2, 2020, 7:42:55 AM10/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Paul - Thanks for this. Turned OFF DLNA in the Maintenance menu of the B2 and then tried setting up the music library on the SONOS app again.... Yay! Worked first time.

Thanks too for the Peter Lowham instructions - I had seen this and it is how I connected the B2 to the Mac (mainly to convince myself that NAS was on).

Thanks for the help,

David

PMB

Oct 4, 2020, 12:31:45 PM10/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.