How do I switch off DLNA on my B2 running the B2B software?

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Apr 5, 2021, 7:15:28 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I inadvertently downloaded DLNA software onto my B2. I was wanting to ensure DLNA was switched off before carrying a web software update. By mistake I went to the advanced menu instead of checking via the maintenance  menu. This seems to have kicked off a process running on the B2 where the green & red LEDs are flashing on the B2's front panel. This has been running for several hours now. I have tried powering off the B2 via the Play/Stop button, but it doesn't power the machine off and the LEDs just keep flashing away. Is the DLNA software updating all the files? I have over 48,000 tracks on my B2

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Michael

Peter Lowham

Apr 5, 2021, 7:31:37 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

From the front panel on the B2, go to 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' - 'DLNA' and select this.  That should turn DLNA off.

It is a toggle action; DLNA On/Off

Hopefully that will work for you.

Regards,
Peter.

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Apr 5, 2021, 7:42:14 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter. Unfortunately will the two (green & red) LEDs are flashing the big black knob on the front panel will not select anything. Tried pushing it in and twisting it, but nothing appears on the screen to select.

Peter Lowham

Apr 5, 2021, 9:58:42 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,,

Apologies, I was rushing out to do something when I saw your post, and I mis-read it.

Unfortunately that means that the (microSD) SD card has become corrupted, and will need to be replaced with a new one, or you can re-flash the existing card to get the B2 working again.

The two options to fix this issue are:

1. Purchase a replacement (micro)SD card from Brennan; the card arrives with the updated B2 software already installed. The price is around £10.  You need to state whether your B2 is the early or late model (early models generally pre-2017) have an SD card protruding out of the side of the casing, late models (2017 onwards) have a microSD card inside the case).

OR

2. Re-flash your existing (micro)SD card with the latest software that can be downloaded from the Brennan website (free of charge).

The link to the  instructions to do this option are at:

Search down the left hand side of the page for 'New SD Card'

If you want to take this option, I can post additional information which might help to complete this, so just ask!

Let us know what you decide to do..

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 10:17:06 PM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Yes red and green flashing is an indication that your SD Card (with the B2 software on it) has become corrupted.  It is very important that you try and never ask the B2 to do two things at once - dot rip CDs and play music, NEVER change a system function while something is being done. The DLNA download would have entailed writing to the SD Card.
Also be aware that SD Cards from 3rd parties are frequently "fakes" (as are USB memory sticks) and it is always advisable to pay more for genuine products form reputable suppliers.
Fred

PMB

Apr 6, 2021, 5:30:58 AM4/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Just to add that with a new SD Card or reprogramming it will have DLNA switched off by default.

If your B2 is still in warranty (1 year) we can send you a replacement SD Card. in that case please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Apr 6, 2021, 12:06:05 PM4/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul. I have sent you an email with address etc