BB1 Bluetooth out

Keith Jackson

Apr 23, 2020, 9:20:05 AM4/23/20
to Brennan Forum
I am going to try to be logical and sequential.  I downloaded and copied the file to a USB  I then plugged it in to my unit  it seemed to work but was mighty quick.  I managed to pair to two of my devices but was a Geneva S and a JBL Flip 3 but got no sound out of either.  I then tried to install the modified file and ii just said fail when I tried to do a usb upgrade.  I then thought I would try to do a web upgrade thinkining it would give me a clean OS and then I could do a web upgrade with the latest file which I downloaded a fresh copy.  Not a success the second I press the button for a usb upgrade it says Failed.  Going to the Web UI I am able to pair to the JBL and switch the output to it but I dont get any.  If when a track is playing I select Bluetooth on the BB1 it switches all sound off.  Shall I just wait for a new release of the software.  Its going fine otherwise

Keith Jackson

Apr 23, 2020, 10:19:41 AM4/23/20
to Brennan Forum
I have tried to as much as I can and I am now at a standstill  The USB will take my CD unit but will not recognise any other memory device I plug into it.  I have tried using the Web Ui and clicking on USB gets no response  Any suggestions

PMB

Apr 24, 2020, 6:11:14 AM4/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Keith,

The download file needs to be named   btubeV8.tar.gz   with no other characters e.g. (1) or spaces. You do not need to unzip it either.

Delete any versions you already have and download the file again.

Make sure the memory stick has no other files on it (not 100% necessary but as you are having problems it would be a good idea). Copy the   btubeV8.tar.gz   file to the USB stick.

Plug this into the BB1 and power on.

Use the top control to go to the Maintenance menu and select USB Upgrade. Once loaded the BB1 will reboot (this is a good indicator that the software has loaded).

Now go to the Settings menu and select Bluetooth Upgrade. The BB1 should reboot (again a good indicator that the software has loaded).

Power off the BB1 and then power on again - this saves any setting changes.

On the Flip 3 do a factory reset to clear all previous pairings - on my Flip 2 this is done by powering on and then pressing the Vol + and Phone buttons together until the Flip beeps and turns off. Power on the Flip and the Bluetooth led should flash. Go to the BB1 and open the Main menu and select Bluetooth Out. The BB1 will list any BT devices it finds. Click on 'Flip 3' to pair.

If 'Flip 3' is already listed 'unpair' it, let the BB1 discover it again and click on the newly found 'Flip 3'.

Paul
Brennan Support.