B2 streaming/NAS question

Keith Adams

Feb 19, 2021, 4:41:39 AM2/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Morning all,

First time poster, be gentle with me, please.

I'm considering buying a B2 to replace my ageing Yamaha streamer and have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to anywhere! I have a hug music collection currently sat on a 2TB Seagate NAS drive, which I currently regularly stream from.

Can a B2 connect and play from a MP3 collection of music stored on a NAS within my local area network? I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't as any other device (laptop, tablet etc) can play from it no problems, but I thought I'd ask the question before I pull the trigger and buy one.

Regards
Keith

Graham Smout

Feb 19, 2021, 5:27:34 AM2/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi there - as far as  I am aware you cannot play streamed content from your NAS drive using the B2  You would need to transfer the files you waish to hear to the B2's hard disk . However it works the other way around: I am currently using VLC media player to stream music over Wifi stored on the B2 which is operating as a NAS Drive.
Good luck !

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2021, 10:36:46 PM2/20/21
to Brennan Forum
While the B2 can deliver a NAS to your local LAN, at present it can not "see" a NAS on your local LAN.
Even if it could, unless your "huge music collection currently sat on a 2TB Seagate NAS drive" had a file structure the same as the internal B2 HDD, the B2's software would not know how to deal with the music on the NAS.

Fred