Uploading from external disk - Sanity check

Stuart Davison

Nov 2, 2021, 5:24:20 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

New user here.
I have about 1.5TB of music on an external HDD which is NTFS formatted.
I see in the instructions only FAT 32 is supported and sure enough if I plug it in I get an error.
Just checking there's no way around this and i'm going to have to copy all my music to a FAT 32 formatted drive before I can upload it?

Thanks!

Stu.

Peter R

Nov 2, 2021, 5:36:29 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Stu, hope that you are enjoying the Brennan! Do you have a B2?
If you connect your external HDD to another machine (Windows, Linux Macbook, etc) you can copy across the contents over the network.
You could either use the Brennan's web user interface on that other machine to do an upload, or setting the Brennan as a NAS might be easier.
Check the Brennan website FAQs on how to set up the NAS, then once that is working you can just copy across the lot. Run Scan Disk once the copying is complete.
If you need more details at any stage then just ask. There's plenty of knowledgeable people on here.

Peter

Peter Lowham

Nov 2, 2021, 5:45:22 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Stu,

If you have a Windows PC you can download and run an application called 'Microrit' which converts an NTFS partition to FAT32 with the data already there.  There are other converter programs which do the same thing.

But, as with any situation like this, I would strongly advise that you have a backup of the music content stored somewhere else, just to be on the safe side!

Regards,
Peter.

Stuart Davison

Nov 2, 2021, 10:38:27 AM11/2/21