MP3 bitrate. Constant or Variable?

Adam Sharpe

Apr 13, 2019, 2:45:53 AM4/13/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi.

Does anyone know if the B2 rips CDs with a Constant or Variable bitrate.

I copy albums across to a USB stick to use in the car, and frequently get songs stopping before they should, or not playing at all, with "track unreadable" message.

These tracks play fine on the B2 and off the stick on my PC.

I do know that my car audio cannot cope with variable bitrates, so I'm wondering if this is the cause of my "track unreadable" errors?

Edwyn Corteen

Apr 13, 2019, 12:08:23 PM4/13/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Adam

As far as I know the B2 compresses at a "standard" bit-rate to either FLAC, MP3-128K or MP3-256K .

To see what your setting is look at Settings/Compression the standard is FLAC which your car audio may not like.

It is sometimes necessary to use a program like Audacity on a PC to convert the files you have to a format your car is happy with.

Adam Sharpe

Apr 14, 2019, 5:03:11 AM4/14/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. I have since managed to look at one of the files that didn't work 129k. Can't explain it, so I used a program to convert to CBR and it's ok now (registers correct time etc,)