Different art image showing for each track within an album in the "now playing" window.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 3:39:57 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I was at my laptop playing "The Depths of Winter" by Tiger Moth Tales on my B2. Clicked the UI tab and was thinking of selecting something different as the track playing changed. I noticed the art image changed and was surprised as it was within the same album. It showed what looks like the lyrics for the song. I clicked through the album tracks and the art changed with each track, giving lyrics where there were vocals and just an image where the track was an instrumental.
I have not seen this before. Has anyone else?
The album was a digital FLAC download from Bandcamp. I have other Bandcamp downloads, but none have shown this. Unfortunately, the image is too small to be able to read the lyrics. Shame.
The different images must be embedded in each track where usually it is just the cover-art. Would be nice if you could click on the coverart, or in this case the song lyrics, and get a bigger pop-up image that in the case here was big enough to let you easily read the lyrics.
I looked at the album in Mp3tag and it looks like you can import any image you want to show with a track if you wanted to.

Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (10).png

Daniel Taylor

Feb 17, 2021, 3:46:41 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
That's interesting.  Seems to be a new undocumented feature.  I like your suggestion to be able to click on the image and get it blown up so it can be read.

Peter Lowham

Feb 17, 2021, 5:35:28 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie,

How many '.jpg' files are in the '\Tiger Moth Tales\The Depths of Winter folder?

Regards,
Peter.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 6:05:30 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter. Just the coverart ".jpg"
If I open the album in Mp3tag you can see a different image with each track. The 1st and last tracks are instrumental and show the album cover. The 7th track is also instrumental and just has a picture image. Some Bandcamp downloads show lyrics as just text when playing on a Samsung phone with their own music app. Haven't this album on my phone at present so don't know if it shows the lyric images. Will put it on my phone to see.

Peter Lowham

Feb 17, 2021, 6:27:35 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie,

It appears that the image sources are embedded in each '.flac' track, which is entirely possible because these track files have the capability to store an image in each track file.

However, I did not know that the B2 WebUI had the capability of displaying those individual track images.  Worth a further look!

Regards,
Peter.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 7:41:53 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Played around in Mp3tag and was able to remove the album coverart from a track and replace it with a screenshot of the lyrics for that song. Not much good size-wise though. Too small to read, but it shows you can have a different image embedded in each individual track. As long as the coverart.jpg is in the album folder it will display the Album cover orrectly in the right hand Album window.

Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

Peter Lowham

Feb 17, 2021, 8:11:16 PM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie,

Most interesting; so the Brennan WebUI can display the individual track contents.  We find something new every day!

Regards,
Peter.