Vtuner & Youtube not working!

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 1, 2022, 9:48:13 PM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi everyone ,
I am not being able to use Vtuner and YouTube on my B2.
Everything else works normally .
I can look for and find the stations I want to listen normally, but when I click the play sign, nothing happens .
I've tried to clear the cache on different browsers and nothing .
Tried also to use the iPhone app, and still cant play none of them.
Thought it could be the Wi-Fi, then I have connected the B2 using an Eth cable .. no different.
Funny is that I can normally hear Vtuner stations on my laptop connected to the same Wi-Fi, however not using the B2 . Same happens with YouTube, I can search and find any music, when I click on it, a pop up appears with my IP@ saying "That didn't work try again"
Any clue ??

Cheers

JR

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 4:16:52 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi  JR,

Does seem strange - Just to confirm you can see the B2's Web UI from you phone, laptop or PC OK and from one of these devices you can play your music OK ? (I am assuming you can from what you said but please confirm this).

Assuming you can do the above, then your B2 would seem to be connected to your House Router OK. This then sort of pushes the problem back to your House Router, it is responsible for connecting your house devices "out" into the external internet.

Sometimes House Routers can get "muddled" and need to be powered of for 30 seconds then powered on again. Try this power the B2 off first too. Then wait for the House Router to power up and stabilise itself (check you can see a web site using your laptop), Then power up the B2 and check that it is getting the SAME IP number as before and if it is then Try playing the radio again.

Tell us if this cures the issue.

Fred

PMB

Feb 2, 2022, 4:58:25 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi JR...,

Are you clicking on the the Play symbol to the left of the search result - not the Play button in the Now Playing panel?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Feb 2, 2022, 10:03:40 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi JR,

What version of software is your B2 running on?   Use the remote control and from the top menu, press the 'Info' button twice and the software version should show on the front panel display.

Regards,
Peter.

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 2, 2022, 10:29:30 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul ..thank you for yr reply .
I am clicking on the small triangle on the left of the radio station .

Thank you

JR

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 2, 2022, 10:42:30 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred , Thank s a lot for reply .
In fact I have rebooted my router and the B2 a few times, and didn't work .
However you are right, my issue seems to be related to my router , digging a bit more , seems that its somehow blocking the stream from the Vtuner, but only from the B2 .. not from the other devices using Vtuner I have in the same router/WLAN.
Do you know by chance what are the ports used by the Vtuner on the B2 ?  Its not an IP@ related issue for sure .. seems to be a port related issue or maybe a NAT issue .. not sure .
I will put the FW down and make some changes on the NAT configuration when I get back home to see if its the router's FW which is blocking me out or the NAT type.
I was able to determine that using a cheap TP-Link router I have home, and it worked . But its weird its not working on my on line router when all other devices are .
Anyway, I will let you guys know later what was the outcome of my changes.

Many Thanks

JR

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 2, 2022, 10:45:22 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Peter ..
The software version installed is the following :
 Software Version B2B Oct 22 2021 12:29:15
Cheers

JR

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 12:22:49 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi JR

Is your Router a mesh setup. We have had a few issues with Forum members and Mesh systems.

Fred

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 2, 2022, 12:48:11 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred .. no it isn't .
I run a DLINK Unified Controller DWC100 with 12 DLINK DWL8600 APs attached to it . My router is JUST a router .. doesn't do anything else , besides routing and firewalling :-) Even DHCP Services I run in a specific server not on the router.
But the issue is not Wi-Fi related Fred .. since I have tried to connect it with the Eth port and no success .
By the way, do you know any other Wi-Fi USB dongle I can use ? I am not happy with the Wi-Fi sensitivity on the one provided with the B2 . I wanted to check if there are other better option out there ..
Many Thanks

JR

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 1:04:36 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi JR

Yes, unless your B2's OS (which lives on its little internal SD Card) has become corrupt, I do feel that your issues are not B2 caused and we should therefore go down this avenue of fire fighting first.
I do use my router for DHCP but have a Pi Hole adware blocker in the loop for DNS.
There are other WiFi dongle options that people have used, ones with antenna are good and some people put them on the end of a short USB cable and say this helps. However, if you can manage it and Ethernet connection is best
I have one and I have taken the connection out of the inside of the B2 using a short Whiptail so that I can move the unit is I need to.

Fred

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 1:36:06 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi JR

One of these works well for me

It’s the RT5370 chipset that’s important.

As regards Vtuner I think the Brennan software uses a URL from an updatable table that it maintains to access internet radio streams.
As such I think it’s unlikely it uses a port other than 80, 8080, or 8000

You can try this…
Type “podcast” into the search pane in the Web UI
It will spawn a new dialogue box into which you can type the URL of a radio stream so you may be able to test options against your firewall settings explicitly

John

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 3, 2022, 9:48:35 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred .. Whiptail is a great idea , will test it before buying another dongle .
I Found the issue! :-) The firewall IDS/IPS service was blocking the Vtuner traffic. As I didn't want to disable IPS/IDS totally , I have just reconfigured the FW to permit all traffic from Vtuner in/out the B2 to go thru without inspection and it worked fine.
However I still don't understand why the Vtuner traffic from the B2 was working with quit weird ports , e.g.1020, 1040, 1022 etc ... while the Vtuner on my Yamaha Receiver and Laptops is always using 8080.. weird isn't it ?
But I am happy to say that its up and running now ..
Many Thanks to everyone who sent me tips , it was way easier to establish a troubleshooting path this way ..
Thanks a lot guys ..

Cheers

JR

Jose Ricardo Soares

Feb 3, 2022, 9:53:51 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John ..
FW was the issue, IDS/IPS was somehow blocking the Vtuner traffic only for the B2 .. Strangely B2 Vtuner is using weird ports e.g 1010, 1020, 1040 instead of the well known ports that my other devices are using e.g. 80, 8080.
Anyway I have reconfigured the FW and its now working perfectly .
Thanks a lot for all the tips you guys have provided ..made me establish a good troubleshooting line here
Have a great day ahead .

Cheers

JR