Copying vinyl to the B2

Fridrikr Tomasson

Dec 18, 2021, 1:16:50 PM12/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, again,

I'm wondering if vinyl lp's can be copied to the B2. If so, what is required to do so?

Thanks,

Tom

Daniel Taylor

Dec 18, 2021, 1:32:52 PM12/18/21
to Brennan Forum
The B2 has the capability to record a signal from the analog input.  In the case of an LP record, you will get one long track file for the entire side of the disc.  In my opinion, that is not an acceptable way to do it, although I know some people do it.

A better way is to download a free copy of the Audacity program, and use it to record the music on your computer.  It also has the capability to divide the recording into separate song track files.  And another nice plus is that it can remove ticks and pops.  It's a great program.  Then you can copy the files to the B2 in various different ways.  There are at least two current threads that talk about that.