Sonos plays after B2 is turned off

Ian Roberts

Feb 11, 2022, 1:05:47 PM2/11/22
to Brennan Forum
How and why does music from my B2 continue to play through my Sonos speakers after the B2 has been turned off (disconnected from power)?

Daniel Taylor

Feb 11, 2022, 1:20:29 PM2/11/22
to Brennan Forum
I think Sonos copies (buffers) the song from the B2.  So when the B2 is off, Sonos can continue to play until the buffer is empty.  Of course, you can stop it from playing in the Sonos app.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 3:20:10 PM2/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes the B2 is not in direct control of the Sonos speakers, it communicates with the Sonos System which is a independent system, thus the B2 send music to the system and asks it to play it.  The Sonos system will therefore independently play this musiic even if the B2 is turned off. Similarly if you ask the B2 to play a radio station using a Sonos speaker, the B2 request that the Sonos system do this rather than getting the station itself.

Frec

Ian Roberts

Feb 13, 2022, 1:24:28 PM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks both - that clears it up.
Regards

PMB

Feb 14, 2022, 5:04:32 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

When the B2 sends music to Sonos, it is added to the Sonos 'Queue' and Sonos will try to play everything in the Queue. This can cause some unexpected results. This can be sorted by clearing the 'Queue' using the Sonos app.

Paul
Brennan Support.