Praise Report - Bluetooth working with Amazon Echo Show 5 & Spotify.

James Wyatt

Sep 9, 2019, 8:00:04 PM9/9/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi all you B2 Fans.

It's awesome that I can archive all my CD's onto my B2, but sometimes it's nice to discover new music, or play something that you don't own.

So it's been my dream to get my B2 to link with an Amazon device with frustrating results. Connected, Not Connected... "ARGH!!!!"

In July for Amazon Prime Day, I ordered an Echo Show 5 to become my new bedroom clock.

Last night, I was cleaning my entertainment center in my mancave, and took apart my B2 for cleaning.

I wondered if the Echo Show 5 would work any better pairing with the B2. So I yanked the ES5 from my bedroom, and placed it right in front of my USB hub with the Bluetooth dongle in it. Only Inches Apart.

Once it paired, I've had zero issues with it. Asking Alexa to play anything, or using the Spotify app to find music.

It does need to be in Bluetooth mode to hear anything. Hopefully, an update to B2 will allow the Bluetooth screen to go blank will come soon.

I've suggested in an Amazon forum to have an option for Alexa use the ES5 speaker even in Bluetooth mode.

So now another ES5 is on it's way from Amazon to go back to my bedroom.

Fingers crossed that this post doesn't jinx it. :)

James Wyatt

Sep 9, 2019, 8:37:53 PM9/9/19
to Brennan Forum
LOL!

I attempted to update the B2, and Bluetooth stopped. I let out a Darth Vader "Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

I tried verbally connecting it, with no luck.

Finally went to PC and booted up the browser (IP.AD.DR.ES/original.html#)

Settings / Bluetooth

Aha! Output was checked. "No I don't want to play my FLAC music with that tinny speaker." UNCHECK!

It's working again! Whew!

Dennis Lefebvre

Sep 9, 2019, 9:07:20 PM9/9/19
to Brennan Forum

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 8:00:04 PM UTC-4, James Wyatt wrote:
.... Asking Alexa to play anything, or using the Spotify app to find music.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are able to do. Can you use Alexa to play music that is only stored on the B2, or route the sound from the Echo to the speakers connected to the B2, or...?

James Wyatt

Sep 9, 2019, 9:54:15 PM9/9/19
to Brennan Forum
My B2 can now play streaming media from my Echo Show 5.

"Alexa, play The Rolling Stones on Spotify."

"Jumpin' Jack Flash" is pumping from my Echo Show 5 via Bluetooth to my Brennan B2 to my BSP 50 speakers & I'm strutting with my lips way out...

One, two!

I was born in a crossfire hurricane And I howled at my ma in the drivin' rain
But it's all right now, in fact it's a gas But it's all right, I'm jumpin' jack flash It's a gas, gas, gas!!

If your B2 library is close to Amazon Music or Spotify's library, it will play the same tracks, but not to the lossless quality of your ripped discs.

I would kill to have my B2 play tracks at voice command, and there is a way to add Alexa to Raspberry Pi micro-pcs, but that's something for Martin Brennan to decide on a future device. #BrennanB3 ?