Web interface down?

Greg Wood

Apr 26, 2021, 5:27:43 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi
Is it just me or is the web interface down  - my BB1 will not do a Web Upgrade either  - get a Failed message

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2021, 6:08:23 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Well Greg,

As you can post here, you obviously to have an internet connection to your home.
However the "web interface" to your BB1 is made BY your BB1 it is not outside your home (so it is just you).
I think you need to check that your BB1 is connected to your WiFi properly (are you seeing an IP number).
If it is, try doing a power off and on with your router.
I think that when you get tour BB1 reconnected to your router, you will find that  a "Web Upgrade" will work OK.

Fred

Daniel Taylor

Apr 26, 2021, 6:44:45 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Check that the displayed IP address matches what you have entered in your browser.  Sometimes a router will change the assigned IP address and you must change in the browser to match.

PMB

Apr 26, 2021, 8:19:33 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Greg,

Web Upgrade working as expected today - might have been a glitch so try it again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 26, 2021, 8:39:46 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
I am having the same problem. When I first went to the interface it showed all fields blank. Then the screen went white to show this:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.36 took too long to respond.

My internet is connected and working fine. I did a scan disc, then a web upgrade, powered off and on. It's still inaccessible.

Rearwing

Apr 26, 2021, 8:59:13 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Everything is working as expected on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro.

Greg Wood

Apr 26, 2021, 9:25:19 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, thanks for the suggestions and have re-booted router - but still have same two issues - interface won't connect and the BB1 won't do a web upgrade. All other internet sites are fine. Any other ideas?

Greg Wood

Apr 26, 2021, 9:38:46 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi
Randomly, interface just started working again & so has the web upgrade!
thanks All

Peter Lowham

Apr 26, 2021, 9:39:14 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Greg,

On the BB1, if yiu go to 'Main Menu' --> 'Settings & Tools' there is a function 'Hotspot On' or 'Hotspot Off'

If it reads 'Hotspot Off' then select it and click the knob, so that it changes to 'Hotspot On'

Regards,
Peter.

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 26, 2021, 9:40:45 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
I also rebooted the router, but that didn't help. So, I tried changing the IP address in the browser address bar to what was showing on the display and that seems to have worked. I have no idea why that changed.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 26, 2021, 9:43:08 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
The router changed the IP address.  They will do that.  You can go into the routers settings and tell it to use a static IP address for the Brennan.  Instructions on how to do that will be specific to your router.

Peter Lowham

Apr 26, 2021, 10:32:26 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Shawn,

Yes, the IP address shown in the BB1 display is what you MUST use in the browser.  Your router issues an address to the BB1 each time you power the BB1 up.  If you log into your router and go to the 'IP address' section you should find an option (a tick box) on the particular IP address which says something like 'Always use this address for this device'.  If you tick that box, then the router will always issue that same address to the BB1.

Regards,
Peter.

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 26, 2021, 10:46:22 AM4/26/21