CD ArtWork question

Edgar Torbert

Apr 24, 2022, 6:04:57 PM4/24/22
to Brennan Forum
When I download CD cover art from Amazon.com using the Brennan B2 UI software, the cover art is properly displayed by the software/app on my desktop and iPhone whenever I select the CD, just as happens with CD cover art downloaded from the album database in the process of ripping a CD in the Brennan B2. However, when I plug a backup thumb drive in my car, the Amazon.com cover art does not display. The cover art downloaded during ripping does display in the car. Any tips as to what could make the difference?

Daniel Taylor

Apr 24, 2022, 8:52:15 PM4/24/22
to Brennan Forum
There are two places the cover art is stored.  One is a jpg file stored in the album folder.  The other is embedded in the track file's tag information.  Most of the time, the B2 looks at the jpg file.  Other players may look at the tag info.  When the B2 reads the information for an album when it's ripped, it may not get all the information - it may not all be there.  So it's not unlikely that the picture that would go in the tag info could be missing.  Or  it could be different from that in the jpg file.

Stand by.  There are probably others who will explain it better than I did.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2022, 9:42:15 PM4/24/22
to Brennan Forum
When processing CDs, the B2 obtains the information it needs to work. As I understand it, it does not "throw away" any information that may be embedded/present in the music as it does its job, it just ignores the information it does not use.
However, It is NOT the B2's job (that's not what it is marketed for/as) to prepare music so that it is suitable for playing on all possible third party systems/players.

Given this, if you need music files with a full, embedded tagging, this information (if not natively present) can be added to the B2's output (Export) product by running this through a utility like "mp3tag" or "bBpoweramp" using a PC or Mac.

Fred

Edgar Torbert

Apr 24, 2022, 10:00:36 PM4/24/22
to Brennan Forum
That is the kind of answer I expected. Just wanted to see if I was in the right alley. Thank you.

Edgar Torbert

Apr 24, 2022, 10:02:27 PM4/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Fred, I was not asking Brennan for a fix, but thank you for your helpfulness in general.