JB7 - Bluetooth

Graham Davies

Aug 21, 2021, 7:22:55 PM8/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Can a bluetooth dongle be used on the JB7?

Peter Lowham

Aug 22, 2021, 9:18:26 AM8/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham,

I think that the answer is no.  I cannot find any reference to Bluetooth for the JB7 anywhere in the documentation.  However I did find a reference, in the Brennan Support Notes document, to Wifi not being supported so I would expect that Bluetooth is of the same status.

"Please note that you will not able to able to play music through a USB wireless dongle as the USB port is only connected to the hard drive and therefore does not receive any sound. "

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Aug 23, 2021, 3:37:49 AM8/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham,

The only way to get Bluetooth on the JB7 is to buy a Bluetooth transmitter (see Avantree, Blitzwolf and others) which is connected to Line Out on the JB7. Your Bluetooth devices are then connected (paired) to the transmitter.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Sep 1, 2021, 8:04:50 AM9/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham,

I have Bluetooth running on my JB7 using a Kitsound Bluetooth Airline Adaptor (I bought this version a few years ago when I was travelling a lot).  This unit requires a 3.5mm two-mono to single 3.5mm stereo cable adapter because this model is for the airplane type two-mono pins seat connector.  Kitsound do other adapters that have the 3.5mm stereo socket.  I have included a link to the unit that I have.

It works extemely well.

Regards,
Peter.