Sending to USB?

Richard Terlisner

Aug 14, 2022, 7:02:33 PM8/14/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm having a lot of trouble sending a playlist to a USB drive.  I nnsert the USB, work my way to playlist, tell it to send to USB, and nothing.  I plug the drive into my laptop to copy it over, no music files.

Help, I'm at a loss.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2022, 10:29:49 AM8/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Have you formatted the drive as FAT32 in the B2 first?

Also please not that this forum is now closed.

Please move over to using the new Brennan Forum at

Fred

Richard Terlisner

Aug 15, 2022, 6:29:41 PM8/15/22
to Brennan Forum
It was already formatted to FAT 32.  Should I have the Brennan format it directly?  All it says is "ERROR".

Or maybe I am trying to exceed the space on the USB drive.  Is there a limit to the USB size that can be used?  I have a 128G USB.  Should I cut down on the number of CD's being transferred?

Mark Fishman

Aug 16, 2022, 4:54:02 PM8/16/22
to Brennan Forum
First, let me reiterate Fred's statement that there is a newer forum; this one is being archived so there is very little activity here. Please repost at
to continue this discussion.

Second, a genuine 128GB drive should be able to hold at least 100 full CDs even if they have not been compressed to FLAC or MP3, so unless your USB drive is a fake -- and there are a LOT of fakes out there -- space is not that much of an issue. And if nothing at all is being copied, then there's a different problem, because running out of space requires that something has been copied.

Yes, try formatting the drive on the B2. Remember that formatting will erase anything already on the drive, so copy off anything that is there now before you do the format.

The function you want is Export Playlist (on the Playlist menu), not Save Playlists.

Please do not report your results here; do so on the new forum. Thanks -- m.