DLNA

Ken Tarr

Feb 14, 2021, 3:50:13 PM2/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Please explain when DLNA should be on or off?
In relation to running Sonos speakers, with no B2 Library on Sonos App,
In relation to backup.
Thanks

Daniel Taylor

Feb 14, 2021, 4:10:38 PM2/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Normally, and in most situations, DLNA should be off.  The only time you would have it on is if you have connected to a DLNA device.  If you are not aware of such a device, then just leave DLNA off.  That's what I do.

Peter Lowham

Feb 14, 2021, 5:11:38 PM2/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

I think that it is more important than this; that is that DLNA MUST be switched OFF otherwise the connection between the B2 and Sonos will not function.

Here is a software release note from the Brennan website.

26th November 2020
  • This release for all models fixes a recent change at Youtube.
  • DLNA was found to be incompatible with the recent Sonos function so turning on DLNA will now switch off Sonos and vice versa. If you use the Sonos feature please make sure DLNA is turned off - press Info in the remote. You can turn DLNA on and off in Settings->Maintenance.
  • Bluetooth and Wired speakers together has been fixed.
  • Work on Sonos is ongoing and I did not plan on a software release yet but you will find that Radio Presets now play through Sonos. This is not tested significantly so let us know of any stations that do not work.
Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Feb 14, 2021, 5:19:44 PM2/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

I forgot to add that NAS must be switched ON for Sonos.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Feb 15, 2021, 5:08:00 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi ktm...

I have 'NAS off' on my B2 and it plays to Sonos OK. I don't have the Sonos app open either.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Ken Tarr

Feb 15, 2021, 4:23:12 PM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Re Sonos speakers, my experience suggests that first, WiFi upgrade, make sure all music compressed, Scan Disc, DLNA off, NAS off, Sonos App not open, Speakers previously paired and do not require redo, select music, on B2, wait until selection seen under Title, top L on Web UI, then play button.  Works repeatedly. So far Sonos has not jumped in, like after music played for hour or so, Sonos volume and pause took over. Needed to open Sonos to stop music.  Maybe that will not happen with the above settings.  My music did not play with all the above except NAS ON.  Still great move by Brennan to bypass the transfer of Music Folder to Sonos App, like before Dec update. Ken

PMB

Feb 16, 2021, 4:54:41 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi ktm,

I definitely has NAS off on my B2 and it plays OK to a stereo pair and a single Sonos unit.

Paul
Brennan Support.