Roberts/Brennan compatibility.

Peter Punchard

Jun 8, 2019, 10:14:38 AM6/8/19
to Brennan Forum
I have a Roberts 94i internet radio that has the feature to access nas content. Is this radio compatible with the Brennan B2.Can I play content from the Brennan on this radio.

RaymondO

Jun 9, 2019, 7:00:52 AM6/9/19
to Brennan Forum
As do I - and it is a lovely piece of kit. I assume you mean the Roberts menu item ‘Music Player’ where you are offered a selection of sources on your home network to listen to? When I select Music Player / Shared Media. I can see my NAS listed, but on selecting it, the next option is Playlists but as `I have none it responds with <Empty> and returns to the previous menu. Since I have a Sonos system I use this in preference and never investigated further. As for finding the b2 on the network it doesn’t show up automatically (even when wired directly into the router) but I never bothered to investigate further.

I would expect it IS possible, but require either to be connected directly using the Roberts Ethernet connection or by entering the full routing from the display.

PMB

Jun 10, 2019, 3:59:10 AM6/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter and Raymondo,

The Roberts is expecting to see a DLNA compliant device. The B2 doesn't support DLNA as standard currently but a download of miniDLNA is available - please see Latest Software page on the website. It does require some setting up (not something I have done myself yet) but others have reported it working well once done.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Edwyn Corteen

Jun 10, 2019, 6:43:56 AM6/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter and Paul

DLNA does "work" so long as you never turn the B2 off, currently to get it working requires reconnecting the DLNA server every time you switch the B2 on. See the thread below for full details. Currently not pretty so needs some effort to get it all working!