It looks like my B2 is crashing after attempting to play a track.

James Wyatt

Apr 28, 2018, 4:42:00 PM4/28/18
to Brennan Forum
It looks like my B2 is crashing after attempting to play a track.

It may attempt to play for half a second, but the crash hammer comes down hard.

I've attempted it both via the Web UI & the knob.

I've updated it, as well as ran a fresh scan..

The tracks work. Fresh backup copies work fine.

Currently, It's shut down, to see if cooling it off might help.

James.

Spike Haward

Apr 29, 2018, 6:51:13 AM4/29/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi James
I have the same problem, with any album that I have manually added artwork according to Paul's previous instructions.
I click on the track to play, the selection shows in the UI (including artwork), plays maybe a bar or two then crashes, and the UI reverts to a previously selected album/track, but to all intents and purposes locks up the UI until I rescan.

Deleting the manually added artwork from the album via NAS restores the B2 to normal working. (immediately too, without needing to rescan)
I am fairly certain that this is a recent bug, as I have had this artwork manually loaded for a while (unless maybe I just hadnt played those albums...)

Spike

PMB

Apr 30, 2018, 5:49:18 AM4/30/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi James,

Do you have coverarts as Spike is suggesting it might be a problem?

I don't have coverarts for all of my albums but the ones I do have were manually added using the pop up upload menu. All of these appear to play OK. The vast majority of my music is FLAC.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Spike Haward

Apr 30, 2018, 7:16:17 AM4/30/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul
Tried another one last night. Album Dusty Springfield/Reputation and Rarities- no art showing so I 'snatched' an image from the Amazon site, added it using the UI pop up which add it as cover art.jpg in the track list as shown on NAS - and exactly same fault as previously described. The tracks are fine and play using NAS and a media player.
Once deleted, the B2 plays fine.
I checked using WinSCP that file permissions on the added .jpg were same as the rest an all checks out.

Spike

Message has been deleted

James Wyatt

Apr 30, 2018, 8:35:00 PM4/30/18
to Brennan Forum
I tried to delete the "coverart.jpg" for the last few albums I added, to no luck.

So I searched for coverart in the folder, highlighted, & deleted all of it.. (Always got a backup.)

It worked..

I noticed that SOME of the tracks that the album art was embedded in, show up to the right of the Track, Artist, Album box.

I've deduced that it's a smaller image. 324x324 seems to work. I plan on to do some testing to find the upper limit.

Embedding images into large FLAC files.. Can we say time consuming?

Spike Haward

May 1, 2018, 5:07:17 AM5/1/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi James/Paul

Cracked it, I think!

The problem involves the Enable TV UI switch. (which I had enabled)
I have now disabled that, and I can now add coverart manually and the B2 works fine.

On this subject, I see that if I drag/drop the artwork, the original name is carried across to the B2. The log shows checking (for artwork) failed, but it still displays on the UI. If I use the popup to add the artwork then the system automatically renames to coverart.jpg and the log reports the artwork found.

Spike

James Wyatt

May 1, 2018, 11:41:43 AM5/1/18
to Brennan Forum