BB1 Power Down

Jon Herd

Jul 25, 2021, 12:47:28 PM7/25/21
to Brennan Forum
I think i have an issue with the power off sequence on my brand new BB1 I have purchased. I press the power key and it shows the page asking if I wish to power off and press the power key again to do so. I press it again and nothing happens and the screen goes back to the standard screen with the vol level and IP address. I have tried this with both batteries and mains and its the same. The only way I can seem to get the BB1 to power off is to press and hold the power key for about 5 seconds then it does power off, but the screen still has a very dim glow as if its still powered up on about 10% power. This is indeed the case because if I remove  a battery or disconnect the mains, the the screen does power down and go a true dark blank.

Has anyone else has issues with the power off function ( power on works OK btw ) ?

Peter Lowham

Jul 25, 2021, 1:02:16 PM7/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

I think that you have fallen foul of a bug that has crept into the latest version of BB1 software.  My BB1 started doing this after I did a web upgrade on Tuesday 20th July (it was working perfectly up until then.  The problem has been reported to the Brennan Support team.  So you are not alone on this one!

Problems like this are usually fixed very quickly.

Regards,
Peter.

Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Jul 25, 2021, 1:19:56 PM7/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

I have just downgraded my BB1 to the previous release of BB1 software (May 12 2021) and it is back to normal power downs.  I keep the older releases stored on my server just in case!

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jul 26, 2021, 6:45:50 AM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Martin has fixed the issues with the 20 July 2021 version so you can do a Web Upgrade - it is now dated 26th July 2021.

Paul
Brennan Support.
Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Jul 26, 2021, 10:16:46 AM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.  I've upgraded to this version and the power down is working correctly again.

Regards,
Peter.

Jon Herd

Jul 26, 2021, 11:09:02 AM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter

Paul in support says there is a new 26th July code posted for UI update. I ran this just now and now the power off function works properly. Thanks to Paul and Martin for fixing this so quickly.

Peter Lowham

Jul 26, 2021, 12:42:23 PM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

Yes, fixes for issues like this are normally issued very quickly, so all is well again!

Regards,
Peter.