iOS App Web view on iPad

Robin

Mar 3, 2020, 1:44:04 PM3/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi is there any update with regards to if I switch from app view on my iPad to web view. It always defaults to mobile view! The only way to get a full screen view is to go to settings and the select original or new button If I then go back to app and then to web, it reverts! Really annoying is there likely to be a fix please?

Robin

Mar 28, 2020, 4:19:23 PM3/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Paul is there likely to be an update to solve this issues, as it makes using an iPad with the new app really annoying.
Thanks

Daniel Taylor

Mar 28, 2020, 8:44:17 PM3/28/20
to Brennan Forum
 Hi Robin,
As I understand it, the app is just a wrapper for the WebUI, that makes it so that you don't have to open your browser manually and type in the IP address to get to the WebUI.  (If that's wrong, somebody please correct me.)  If you're okay to open the browser yourself, there's a setting that allows you to pick the style you want.  I'd expect that setting to work with the app, but apparently, the app is overriding it somehow.

Also, I've heard that people have been able to hack together something that will open the browser to a specific page.  Maybe somebody can post and tell us how.

Robin

Mar 29, 2020, 2:58:17 AM3/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the reply Daniel. You are right in what you are saying. On my iPad the app comes up in mobile view. When I select Web Ui it displays the web view in non full screen mode. To get to full screen mode I have to select the settings icon then select the original or new button. I then get the Web Ui in full screen mode. if I then go back to app and repeat the process it defaults to non full screen mode. As I have two b2’s and a b1 the app would have been useful for going directly to the web Ui of each of my brennans.
However I can only do this by setting up a shortcut to each web browser address on my iPad, which was the method used before the iOS app.
This makes the app potentially useful for iPad use, but currently flawed!

PMB

Mar 30, 2020, 4:24:32 AM3/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Robin,

What happens if you open a new browser page on the iPad and type the IP Address for one of the brennan's manually - does it open the UI in full screen mode?

If that doesn't help you could try clearing browser data/history on the iPad > open a new browser page > type the IP manually > save that page as a shortcut.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robin

Mar 30, 2020, 6:07:52 AM3/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Paul thanks for the response. If I type in the address in the ŵeb browser, then it appears full screen. This is the way I have always done it. The advantage of using the app should be that I can select either of my b2’s or my b1, without having to have three shortcuts on my iPad home screen. Because the web Ui keeps reverting to mobile view this is the problem with it. Surely Martin is able to make the web view stay on whichever option is selected from settings, when switching from the app view to web Ui. That way if original was selected then original view would be displayed without having to reselect every time!