YouTube search.

123...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2022, 4:11:44 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Haven't used this for a long time but now whatever I search for doesn't get any results.

Peter Lowham

Apr 7, 2022, 4:17:41 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi 123...,

Have you run 'Web Upgrade' recently?  What version of software is your B2 running on?

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Apr 8, 2022, 4:00:55 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi 123...,

Try clearing the browser cache, open a new browser page and enter the IP from the B2 manually (rather than using a bookmark).

When clearing browsing data -

For Chrome, Edge, etc select 'cached images and files'

For Safari - 'Delete History and website data'.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Apr 8, 2022, 4:33:22 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I received this in my PM so I'm reposting it here.

Hello Peter and thanks for replying. My version is B2 May 11th 2020 10.15.55

Peter Lowham

Apr 8, 2022, 4:47:04 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi 123...,

Your software version needs to be updated.  From the front panel, select 'Settings' --> 'Web Upgrade'   That will take the version up to 10 March 2022.

Regards,
Peter.

123...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2022, 6:06:33 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Have done web upgrade but to no avail. Youtube searches do not find anything. As I say it used to work once or twice but it's not important to me nowadays.
Thanks for all your interest.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2022, 7:58:35 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
I think you also need to check your WiFi connection quality as this can seriously impact the YouTube service the B2 provides.
Let me put it this way, we are all using the same device (B2) and when upgraded to the latest version, the same software and for us YouTube works!
Thus the difference causing your issues is not the B2, but the environment in which your B2 is placed (its network connection provided in your house).

Fred

123...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2022, 10:35:09 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred for your input. AFAIK my Internet connection is sound and everything else connected to my LAN works fine and indeed, the YouTube feature on my B2 has now started working although a bit iffy from time to time. I leave it at that as its not an important part of my listening regimen currently.