B2B update causes Sonos problem

Ian Roberts

Apr 1, 2022, 11:34:03 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I have just received a new SD card from Brennan with the B2B software update. After installing it, the Brennan app could not initiate a change of speakers from wired Brennan speakers in one room to another with Sonos speakers. The app was recognising the location and speakers but no change was activated when selected. The Web UI also stopped showing the Sonos speakers as an option to select.
I have just replaced the original SD card and the Brennan app now works correctly and allows for the Sonos speakers to be selected. However the Web UI still does not show the Sonos speakers as an option to select.
Any ideas?

john.h...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2022, 11:36:46 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum

On the sd card from brennan did you run a web upgrade as there were some Sonos fixes ?

Also do a forget Sonos and rescan

John

Ian Roberts

Apr 1, 2022, 11:41:42 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Ah no I didn't - I will reinstall and try again. Also WebUI is now restored correctly using the old card after clearing web history and reopening.

Ian Roberts

Apr 1, 2022, 11:53:22 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum
OK that was simple - thanks all sorted. One other thing - I have connected the B2 with an ethernet cable to solve a wifi strength issue. Is there any reason to remove the wifi dongle - the B2 screen currently displays both ethernet and wifi addresses and is connected to both?

john.h...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2022, 11:55:10 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum

If using ethernet remove the wireless card as it causes conflicts

JFBUK

Apr 1, 2022, 11:56:07 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

yes save , power down the B2 and remove the wi-fi dongle.
You don't need it and it could potentially cause problems

John

Ian Roberts

Apr 1, 2022, 11:56:13 AM4/1/22
to Brennan Forum